Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Precise zooming in something
[Post New]
I want to zoom in on something specific like into someone's eye and I want the zoom to target that area only so it looks like it's going straight into the eye. The crop and zoom tool isn't working for me because I can zoom but I have to adjust the position and that makes it look not smooth. Is there anything I can do?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's very easy, and this is a good example of how using keyframes in the PiP Designer is actually simpler than trying to do the same thing in the Crop/Pan/Zoom tool, because you have precise control over everything.

You only need to set 4 keyframes: Add one for Position and one for Height/Width to lock the fulls screen values at the start of your zoom,. Then go to the location where you want to be zoomed in all the way, and set the H/W sliders to 6.0 (the max zoom). The last step is just to drag the frame's position so that your target eye is in the center (using an even numbered grid will help), and you're done!

For the smoothest effect, check the appropriate Ease in and Ease out boxes for both sets of keyframes, and it will look like this:

Here is the packed project so you can experiment with it directly. You can even import your clip from the media library and drag it on top of the existing clip, then choose replace. Your clip will now have these keyframe settings.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote It's very easy, and this is a good example of how using keyframes in the PiP Designer is actually simpler than trying to do the same thing in the Crop/Pan/Zoom tool, because you have precise control over everything.

You only need to set 4 keyframes: Add one for Position and one for Height/Width to lock the fulls screen values at the start of your zoom,. Then go to the location where you want to be zoomed in all the way, and set the H/W sliders to 6.0 (the max zoom). The last step is just to drag the frame's position so that your target eye is in the center (using an even numbered grid will help), and you're done!

For the smoothest effect, check the appropriate Ease in and Ease out boxes for both sets of keyframes, and it will look like this:

Here is the packed project so you can experiment with it directly. You can even import your clip from the media library and drag it on top of the existing clip, then choose replace. Your clip will now have these keyframe settings.

Oh nice I didn't think about that . I basically want the zoom to be a transition When I go into the eye it goes to a different scene Thanks for the help