Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 recording way past the end of video when Producing
Surfnut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2011 17:19 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
The title says it all really. This was just sposed to be a short video of around a minute, but whenever I produce it, PD records it way past the ending, and I`ve double checked, and there are no stray clips out there making it do so. Any ideas? Thanks

https://vimeo.com/328606854
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The title says it all really. This was just sposed to be a short video of around a minute, but whenever I produce it, PD records it way past the ending, and I`ve double checked, and there are no stray clips out there making it do so. Any ideas? Thanks

https://vimeo.com/328606854

I watched the video and there is a video near the end !. Switch to storyboard view so you can see it better. It may be on a track that you have hidden. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Surfnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Steve. I was just about to say, my bad, and think I`m going blind, but Ive just been back and checked 4 times and there s nothing there. I dont understand it? Bri

I watched the video and there is a video near the end !. Switch to storyboard view so you can see it better. It may be on a track that you have hidden.
[Thumb - _2019-04-0nn.jpg]
 Filename
_2019-04-0nn.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

What doe it look like if you stretch out the storyline view to expand it. What does it look like in storyboard view? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Surfnut [Avatar]
[Post New]

What doe it look like if you stretch out the storyline view to expand it. What does it look like in storyboard view?

Thanks Steve. Ithought that had done it, as I found a clip at 8.33, but it turned out to be the last one on the `movie`. Theres nothing else showing in Storyboard?
[Thumb - sb.jpg]
 Filename
sb.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Steve. Ithought that had done it, as I found a clip at 8.33, but it turned out to be the last one on the `movie`. Theres nothing else showing in Storyboard?

It's odd that no media is showing up, but there must be something way out at the far end.

Maybe the easiest thing to do is manually draw a selection rectangle around all of the clips that you DO want in your video, then copy them and got to File, New Workspace. Now paste the clips at the start of the new, clean timeline and click on the View entire movie icon to verify that the timeline view stops at the end of your copied clips:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°