Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow duration
Tomasz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 15:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I need a litlte bit help , because maybe I do not know how should I do it or it is realy system's problem.
After I have added photos to video truck, I tried to set up duration on 10 seconds in each photos . Then I select the slide show style - NORMAL.
In fakt the duration in slide show is maximum 5 seconds , even I set up duration on 20 seconds. Somethimes the duration is shorter (for example 3 sec).Please help me and tell me what I should change, or what I shoul do.
Thank you for understending
Tomasz
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tomasz -

My observation is that using the slideshow templates will give you quite a different duration result than applying transitions "manually".

As an example:
10 photos in timeline - assigned duration of 10 seconds each - applied Normal slideshow template - total duration 41 secs... changed duration of all photos to 20 secs - - applied Normal slideshow template - total duration 41 secs... same total time.

Same 10 photos in timeline - - assigned duration of 10 seconds each - apply random transitions to all - total duration 1:22

As Dafydd said in another topic, transitions can't be greater than half the length of the smaller of the 2 image/clip durations.

To resolve it, apply transitions "manually".

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 14:12

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Tomasz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony,
What should I do to have slideshow with 50 photos in duration 8 sec each ?
Best regards
Tomasz
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasz -
Line up the 50 shots in the timeline. Select all of them (use shift key) and set duration to 8 seconds. NB. If the want each image to stay on screen for a full 8 seconds, set duration to (say) 10 secs.

In the transition room, click on the 4 square icon (yellow). Select "Apply random/fading transitions to all".

Edit: You can change the default transition time in Preferences.

The alternative is inserting eac transition one by one.

Job done.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 14:14

Tomasz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony,
Now , I know why I had problems.Always after I have put the photo to the timeline, I tried to use button "SLIDESHOW". Then I had different duration as I fixed and expect.
OK, when should we use the SLIDESHOW button ?
King regards
Tomasz
ynotfish
[Post New]
Use slideshow button when you want to use one of the templates...

In PD8, some of these are customisable.

Have a look at Dafydd's tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CyberLinkChannel#play/uploads/1/Rn7ryNahhFs

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 16:04

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Be careful with the slideshow template. I just made one with 300 pictures using the template. At a later time I wanted to move some of the pics and delete some others and when I clicked on the expand slide option all my pictures were entirely out of order and I had to reorder all of them.

In this process I made the major mistake of not saving the pds file before applying the slide show option. This is advice I've told others to do in the past, but forgot to do it myself. Live and learn. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The slideshow function over-rides the duration of the images.
If you wish, you can create your slideshow, just the slideshow, render the file, then bring that file into your project.
Now treat it like any other video file by changing the speed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thank you for passing that on James - I'll make a mental note of that... ON MY FOREHEAD!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 18:05