Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exporting video for IGTV - upload failed in Instagram
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Case in point: The video linked above... I downloaded it from your OneDrive and uploaded it to IGTV successfully. BUT - after running iot through PDR, using a standard profile selected by profile analyser, the upload FAILS to post. I've tried using Chrome, Edge & Firefox without success.

Not a clue - Tony

Hi Tony. The clip in my OneDrive folder is a screen capture that was produced by PD. The clip shown in your post is Moses' problematic clip from his Google Photos drive.

Also, there seem to be two different problems going on. The first is that the video can't be uploaded at all (which was actually the only thing I tested when I made my earlier statement that I had no problems), and the second is that the video can be uploaded but fails to post.

I created a test project in PD17 and produced 3 versions of the pool fishing vid using the Best Matched profile: QuickSync, CPU-only, and nVidia. You can download the PDS file and all 4 clips from here.

I tried uploading and posting with these 4 clips, and while Edge had no problems uploading the clips, including the original version, none would post. I always got this error message:

In fact, I couldn't get any clips to actually post using Edge today. I was able to upload clips straight from my Galaxy S8, an iPhone clip, and the screen recording from my OneDrive folder, but all gave me the above message.

I then tried uploading and posting using the app, and all 4 vids uploaded and posted sucessfully, although the original version and the CPU-produced version are clearly stretched:

So from my testing, it seems that how the videos are produced by PD may cause some problems with how they look on IGTV (using any hardware acceleration works best), and using PD didn't affect whether the clips could be posted or not, at least by the app.

One thing I saw after searching online was perhaps uploading though Facebook was an option, and also that logging out of FB might do the trick. I don't have a FB account so all of this was strictly my IG account.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Holy kazoley - what a schemozzle!

Admittedly, some of the confusion is self-inflicted. Thanks, optodata, for pointing out my blunder with the OneDrive clip.

I downloaded the IGTV tests file and attempted to post the produced files on IGTV. Yes - they "uploaded", but they failed to post... even though yours clearly succeeded. Even the 16:9 screen capture bombed out.

Based on what you've posted, it's obviously not simply an issue with PDR's processing (as I was thinking earlier)... but I'm blowed if I know what it is!

I haven't tested the Facebook idea yet, but can't see how that would make a difference.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Holy kazoley - what a schemozzle!
I haven't tested the Facebook idea yet, but can't see how that would make a difference.

Cheers - Tony

Yeah, this is pretty FUBAR.

Here's the post I saw earlier about various things to try, but I have no idea how effective any any of these suggestions might be. There are lots of posts on Reddit about this.

I also tried using Opera with and without a VPN. I can upload and post this clip from an old forum thread both with and without the VPN, but I can't post when using Edge, either with or without VPN.

Also using Opera, I can't get any versions of Moses' video to post in Opera, VPN or not, so for me only the app works. Like I said, this is FUBAR

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]

Yeah, this is pretty FUBAR.

Here's the post I saw earlier about various things to try, but I have no idea how effective any any of these suggestions might be. There are lots of posts on Reddit about this.

I also tried using Opera with and without a VPN. I can upload and post this clip from an old forum thread both with and without the VPN, but I can't post when using Edge, either with or without VPN.

Also using Opera, I can't get any versions of Moses' video to post in Opera, VPN or not, so for me only the app works. Like I said, this is FUBAR

Guys check this forum :

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2579629
[Post New]
Just tried to export a video on an android app called videoshow it uploaded on Chrome desktop will try another upload,, it reencoded the video.

Solved the issue second upload perfectly on igtv thank you guys,, for android videoshow app fixed it for me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2019 06:56

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Just tried to export a video on an android app called videoshow it uploaded on Chrome desktop will try another upload,, it reencoded the video.

Solved the issue second upload perfectly on igtv thank you guys,, for android videoshow app fixed it for me.

Thanks for sharing what worked for you
SR6082 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2019 22:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi optodata -

I am intrigued by your statement:
I have no trouble loading clips from my Galaxy S8 or any clip I've produced with PD17 using the standard H.264 30p MP4 profile or a custom HD H.264 60p MP4 profile. Vertical and horizontal vids both work.

I am unable to make the same statement yell

Any 9:16 video I've attempted to upload to IGTV that's been processed by PDR17 fails.

Case in point: The video linked above... I downloaded it from your OneDrive and uploaded it to IGTV successfully. BUT - after running iot through PDR, using a standard profile selected by profile analyser, the upload FAILS to post. I've tried using Chrome, Edge & Firefox without success.

Not a clue - Tony

I have no idea what PowerDirectors is. But I am having this same issue. I have used the same EXACT method to upload two other IGTV videos. The two uploaded fine. The third one which meets ALL the requirements is not uploading. The other difference between the this one and the other two is time. HOWEVER I am still following the directions for that. I am uploading from the web NOT the phone AND its 18mins NOT over 60mins. EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER from the ratio to the resolution to the time to the audio I mean everrything is correct. AND its shot w/the same camera, edited in imovie (like the last two), formated on kapwing.com (like the last two) and uploaded to IG from my computer like (one of my previous igtv vids, the other one was uploaded from my phone). I have cleared cache, used different browsers etc etc. STILL NO BUENO. I am at my wits end LOL ugh. I have contacted IG but who knows if they'll reply. if anyone have any idea about this please help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2019 14:20

optodata
[Post New]
I have no idea what PowerDirectors is. But I am having this same issue.

I have no idea what you're doing posting on the PD forum, then. This forum is exclusively for people using this video editor, so I suggest looking elsewhere on the internet for answers for your issue.

YouTube/optodata

SR6082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have no idea what PowerDirectors is. But I am having this same issue.

I have no idea what you're doing posting on the PD forum, then. This forum is exclusively for people using this video editor, so I suggest looking elsewhere on the internet for answers for your issue.

For help that's why. From my understanding PD is an editor ive learned that from the feed. However my issue is still the same as the person who posted this. So clearly pd was not the issue for them nor me so if they figured it out perhaps they could help. So ANYONE who has insight on why some people get this error please help.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm sorry, but you don't seem to get what I'm saying.

This isn't social media, or an "anyone who wants to post anything" forum - it's maintained by Cyberlink specifically and exclusively for people who use their software to exchange ideas and info. Since your issue isn't related to PD, you're at risk of being banned for continuing to post here. Please see this notice, especially the first paragraph.

YouTube/optodata

SR6082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm sorry, but you don't seem to get what I'm saying.

This isn't social media, or an "anyone who wants to post anything" forum - it's maintained by Cyberlink specifically and exclusively for people who use their software to exchange ideas and info. Since your issue isn't related to PD, you're at risk of being banned for continuing to post here. Please see this notice, especially the first paragraph.

I understood exactly what you were saying 😁
newleafdesigns61286 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2019 03:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem yesterday. Tried to upload from laptop, wouldn't work. Tried the tip from the linked adobe forum (about processing the video file through PD again), didn't work. Luckily mine was only 3 minutes long so I just downloaded it to my phone again and was able to upload it from my phone. This will teach me to come up with captions on the fly though, as you can no longer access a caption from a 'failed to post' video.
optodata
[Post New]
(This was a response to someone asking for help today [Aug 11 around 20:00 forum time] but the post disappeared when I responded. I wonder if this is related to the forum's missing attachments issue...)

We'd need to see 2 copies of a produced video - one that PD made and the version that you ran through Insta360 Studio. Upload the clips to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste a shareable link to them here. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if you need assistance.

It would also help to see a screenshot of the Produce screen so we can see what settings you produced to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2020 20:45

YouTube/optodata