Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 new issues in v2721
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've run into 3 new problems that I hadn't encountered before the latest patch was released. As a subscriber, I can't go back to the earlier version, so it would help if anyone who has access to PD17 v2514 could confirm that the three issues described in this video are not present:

The first 2 issues are easy to test, but the 3rd one will require downloading this test project with a 4GB source clip. I could get one of Issue #3's failure modes to occur with the sample skateboarder clip, but to see the bigger issue it's important to use my exact project.

Confirmation of these issues by anyone running v2721 would also be very helpful when I report this issue.

Thanks!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
All 3 not present in PD17 v2514 on my system.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All 3 not present in PD17 v2514 on my system.

Jeff

Thanks very much for checking!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The 3 issues do not exist on my pc. Attached screen recording show the result with v2514.2.
 Filename
20190401210439.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Test with PD17 v2514.2
 Filesize
3852 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
511 time(s)
NigelVideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2014 13:43 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Long shot BUT... is it possible a Win10 update went on your system and you haven't rebooted yet?
I had selection problems in MS Word a few days ago after a W10 went on which was resolved after a reboot.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote The 3 issues do not exist on my pc. Attached screen recording show the result with v2514.2.

Thanks for checking these on your system. These are typical edits I've been doing recently (except that I'd normally use an unmodified copy of the slo-mo clip for the audio fill in), and it was only since 2721 came out that PD's behavior has changed.

The killer for me is changing the text from the timeline after copying another title. I visually confirm that I've highlighted the whole text then I look down and start typing, meanwhile PD has started previewing and I want to scream. It's going to take me a couple days to unlearn that habit and retrain myself to ALWAYS double-click or use Ctrl + A before starting to type yell

NigelVideo, I've rebooted several times and the problems persist. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

YouTube/optodata

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've run into 3 new problems that I hadn't encountered before the latest patch was released. As a subscriber, I can't go back to the earlier version, so it would help if anyone who has access to PD17 v2514 could confirm that the three issues described in this video are not present:

The first 2 issues are easy to test, but the 3rd one will require downloading this test project with a 4GB source clip. I could get one of Issue #3's failure modes to occur with the sample skateboarder clip, but to see the bigger issue it's important to use my exact project.

Confirmation of these issues by anyone running v2721 would also be very helpful when I report this issue.

Thanks!

Hi,

Running PDR17 2721

No. 1
I can confirm that there appears to be no way to get a numerical input in the module.

No. 2
I can confirm the anomalies BUT if the mouse selection cursor is used precisely and doesn't pass the title boundary box edges, then the selection highlight works as normal. If the selection is done with a "swipe" action, passing through the boundary edges, the anomaly occurs.

However, even if part of a title is selected with the "swipe" action, and the visual highlight consequently disappears, pressing delete removes the whole title leaving the empty clip, which cannot be edited except by entering the Title Designer and adding a new title.

Haven't tested No. 3 yet.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
[Post New]
Quote No. 2
I can confirm the anomalies BUT if the mouse selection cursor is used precisely and doesn't pass the title boundary box edges, then the selection highlight works as normal. If the selection is done with a "swipe" action, passing through the boundary edges, the anomaly occurs.

However, even if part of a title is selected with the "swipe" action, and the visual highlight consequently disappears, pressing delete removes the whole title leaving the empty clip, which cannot be edited except by entering the Title Designer and adding a new title.

Haven't tested No. 3 yet.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for testing these.

I agree that it is possible to carefully align the text selection and release the mouse button to leave the selection intact, but it requires a higher level of effort and diligence than is typically needed when selecting a specific set of characters. The cursor must be located exactly between the text boundary and the middle of starting/final character, and the otherwise obvious method of pushing past the edge to include the starting/final character - even by a single pixel - will now void the selection. This is much more work than is needed anywhere else to select an entire block of text.

If the selection highlight has disappeared, the unexpected previewing behavior is actually understandable, since any keys typed will be interpreted as editor key commands. However, the Delete key action is very puzzling and completely new to this version.

Please post back if you're able to test issue #3. I will file a support ticket once I get confirmation of that final anomaly.

YouTube/optodata

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Please post back if you're able to test issue #3. I will file a support ticket once I get confirmation of that final anomaly.

Hi,
Issue 3

I can confirm the audio preview MASSIVE delay - some 40secs after the transition and c.20 secs after the end of the video preview is complete on my system.

Unchecking Ease in cures the issue.
Unchecking Keep Audio Pitch cures the issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
[Post New]
Thank you very much for confiming the third issue. I have submitted this on ticket number CS002009097.

Two other notes: If playback is paused and the scrubber is then placed anywhere after the short duration of the ease in effect, the audio plays normally, so that's a way to still work with the project if ease in is needed.

I also found that when using the sample Skateboarder clip, the audio is only muted for the duration of that clip after ease in is used. The audio resumes at the start of the next clip, instead of the silence propagating across to the next clip, but I don't know why the behavior is different.

YouTube/optodata