Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go 12 crashes on burn
martalcd25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2019 16:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought P2G 12 yesterday...I've used the product for decades. I can burn a data DVD just fine. When I try to burn a Video DVD, it gets halfway through and crashes. I thought it might be the SmartFit, but on the last try I did not use that and kept the file sizes below the max for a DVD, and it still crashed. I can't open my DVD writer drive when this happens, and have to reboot. I've attaed the dxdiag file.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
555 time(s)
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Since you paid for this program, then maybe find cyberlink customer support for help is better.

Couple hints to distinguish it's program issue or source clip issue or disc/burner issue, maybe you can try,

1. Try burn to an iso image or DVD folder, does it still crash?

2. Try another video clip, does it still crash?

3. If above 2 are nagative, then try another DVD blank disc, does it still crash?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2019 05:40

martalcd25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2019 16:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I thought I had, so thank you for letting me know. I tried everything but the ISO image, since I didn't want to waste another blank DVD. I had no problems writing to any other DVDs from the spindle, and I haven't had any problems in years with Verbatim discs so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. It's as if it gets a certain way and can't or won't go any more.

I opened a proper support ticket just now. :

Marta.

Quote Since you paid for this program, then maybe find cyberlink customer support for help is better.

Couple hints to distinguish it's program issue or source clip issue or disc/burner issue, maybe you can try,

1. Try burn to an iso image or DVD folder, does it still crash?

2. Try another video clip, does it still crash?

3. If above 2 are nagative, then try another DVD blank disc, does it still crash?

iFleeter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2019 00:41 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've been speaking with support on this issue for about 2 weeks now. They are extremely slow in responding.

I purchased this program to burn one video file and i'm 3 weeks into figuring out how to get it to work. It's driving me insane.

I have a 1920x1080 ProRes422HQ 5.1 Audio file that is 51GB and 1hr and 33min long.

I'm using a 50GB DL disc.

I'm using smartfit because thats the only option that will give me something close to 50GB and it says it will be around a 23GB file size.

I've selected the 50GB disc type and everything.

This program has yet to burn one succesful disc for me.

I've sent support my DXdiag and my computer specs and i'm up to date and far exceed the min requirments of hardware components.

Is it not even possible to burn a 1920x1080p bluray with 5.1 audio?

Surely people have succeeded,otherwise, how is this company even in business...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2019 22:32

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to use PD17. I know the maximum DVD video is not what you stated in the initial post. You now claim that you are trying to put 1 hr 33 minute of 1080p video on a Blu-Ray Double layer disk. If that is true then only a 25 GB Blu-ray disc is needed as the blu -ray specification is 24 Mbps maximum and 28 Mbps maximum for AVCHDII. You need to tell the Cyberlink support that you are using 10 bit ProRes422 video files so they can give you the right answer. P2Go may not support that. It may be supported in PD17.
iFleeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may want to use PD17. I know the maximum DVD video is not what you stated in the initial post. You now claim that you are trying to put 1 hr 33 minute of 1080p video on a Blu-Ray Double layer disk. If that is true then only a 25 GB Blu-ray disc is needed as the blu -ray specification is 24 Mbps maximum and 28 Mbps maximum for AVCHDII. You need to tell the Cyberlink support that you are using 10 bit ProRes422 video files so they can give you the right answer. P2Go may not support that. It may be supported in PD17.

I had no idea that PD17 was different than P2Go in the sense that it was also burning software I thought it was more of a NLE. Support does know that I'm trying to burn a ProRes422HQ file but they've never mentioned using PD17. Fingers crossed this is as simple as I've reached the limitation of P2Go for what I want?!

Thank you so much for this response, it's been weeks with no new leads.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
As per your pm here is the Blu-ray specs found on the internet for consumer created discs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD . Scroll down to near the bottom of the spec to see the chart for System data rate up to 18 Mbit/s (DVD media) up to 24 Mbit/s (all other media).

The Specification addendum (AVCHD 2.0) at the bottom for System data rate up to 28 Mbit/s. PowerDirector 17 has those setting for creating a blu-ray disc.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You probably can burn that high data rate ProRes file to a Blu-ray disc as data storage on a BD and not as a BD video disc. This will not be playable on a standalone BD player. This is probably what you want to do.
iFleeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You probably can burn that high data rate ProRes file to a Blu-ray disc as data storage on a BD and not as a BD video disc. This will not be playable on a standalone BD player. This is probably what you want to do.

Thanks for this new information I had no idea there was a limitation I just thought as long as it fit within the 50GB it would be good to go. However, it makes complete sense to me now that I think about it.

This specifically has to play in a standalone BluRay Player. So that is my number one focus.

Power Director 17 looks like exactly what I want. I'm so frustrated with support on why they wouldn't reccomend Power Director 17 to me weeks ago.

I'm hoping I can cancel my Power2Go license and in return put that money towards a power director license.
iFleeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I downloaded Power Director 17 free 30 day trial and I tried my 112GB ProRes 422HQ file and it actually worked and burned the bluray without crashing, first try. So the issue is definetly Power2Go software.

My question to you tomasc is, in the Power Director software I see AVCHD as an option but there is no BluRay option in the AVCHD dropdown menu, only DVD 4.7GB, DVD 8.5GB, Removeable Disk, SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick.

Am i looking at the wrong settings you were mentioning or is it because I don't have the paid version and only the trial?
iFleeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys,

Just keeping you updated, it's been 3 buisness days since asking about getting a refund, so i can purchased PD17, I have yet to get a response.

The last reply they sent was saying they wanted me to upload my 112GB file so they could "look at it". Which of course means i'd have to be paying for googledrive storage or equivealent to send to them and even besides that point, working with a feature length documentary that is unreleased I can't just send it.

So I kindly said the file is perfect, as the same file worked inside their free trial of PD17.

I'm literally trying to give this company more money (since PD17 is more than P2Go) and they haven't responded.

Very bizzare.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a 1920x1080 ProRes422HQ 5.1 Audio file that is 51GB and 1hr and 33min long.

I'm using a 50GB DL disc.

Quite simply I think the issue here is that Power2Go 12 does not support the ProRes codec. I didn't think it was supported yet for PowerDirector, but if it is working...

I'm sure your refund will be processed soon. Just tell them to focus on that, not on a file that is not supported.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2019 23:16

Dgood01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2019 00:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having similar issues using Power2Go 12 Data Disc burn to blu-ray with brand new Verbatim BD-R DL Blu-Ray. I wantto burn 40-45 GB files to 50 GB disc. Everything looks fine going in but when the burn starts it only goes to about 5% and starts chugging never going any further. The disc is warm to the touch. I cancel the burn and it says the disc capacity is now 90GB and amount to be burned is still the original. I don't remember creating 1 successful 50 GB blu-ray burn since I purchased the software. Don't know if there's any record kept on my computer. I sent a ticket immediately after the prior failure but know where that goes.

I've looked at the history of Power2Go and it has complaints about burning crashes going back years with try this try that and the customer having to use disc after disc setting after setting with sometimes success.

I know my equipment is OK since I also run Nero Platinum 2019 and everything goes fine. I wanted to like CyberLink (especially the Power DVD) but this sours my enthusiasm. I won't go into the problem of buying the software and 2 days later a new version comes out and they say we'll only charge you half price for new version