Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Create Folder option for Blu-ray disc creation
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

Bobby, can you attatch screenshot of where you created the BurnBDMVFolder please, from within regedit.

HDEdit - I can confirm that it does work with a Windows 7 64bit setup.

Jim - the fact that PD8 has this feature disabled as standard is because Cyberlink have to produce it that way, or they would get into trouble with Sony and all the partners of the blu-ray federation or whatever they're called. That info is straight from Cyberlink themselves when Dafydd pressed them on it at my request - thanks Dafydd.

The important thing is, there's a workaround!

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2010 18:04

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Jim - the fact that PD8 has this feature disabled as standard is because Cyberlink have to produce it that way, or they would get into trouble with Sony and all the partners of the blu-ray federation or whatever they're called. That info is straight from Cyberlink themselves when Dafydd pressed them on it at my request - thanks Dafydd.

Cheers,

Andrew

I'll reserve judgement as to the need to have that option disabled in a Standard. I'm a member of IEEE and have been to many standards meetings in my time, and there would have to be a huge push (by the Media OEMS perhaps?) to have this option disabled => especially after it was working with other less expensive media.

Sounds like no users are present in this meeting...

But like you said "The important thing is, there's a workaround" and for that => Many Thanks Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi folks,

Bobby, can you attatch screenshot of where you created the BurnBDMVFolder please, from within regedit.

HDEdit - I can confirm that it does work with a Windows 7 64bit setup.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew is correct in his statement. "..the fact that PD8 has this feature disabled as standard is because Cyberlink have to produce it that way, or they would get into trouble with Sony and all the partners of the blu-ray federation or whatever they're called. That info is straight from Cyberlink themselves when Dafydd pressed them on it at my request - thanks Dafydd."

The information on how to activate the Blu-Ray function was found by Xerox, a forum contributor, and it is not endorsed by CyberLink for the above reason.

Further uninformed speculation here is a waste of time. Andrew has told you the facts and is fully correct. I hope that is very clear to all those with concerns about the situation.

Andrew, thank you for confirming for HDEdit that it will work on a W7 64bit set up - he asked me by PM over the weekend. I should have asked you.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for confirming my post Dafydd

HDedit, let us know if/when you get this sorted as it should work.

Cheers!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
No. The option as listed does not appear on my version of Win 7. However, I should point out that I do not have a BD buner and am not sure if this would change things. As I've mentioned before I have only the following :

"On a 64 bit Win 7 system the "Authorpage" folder in the registry does NOT contain any files. However, there is a "Profiles" sub-folder."

I've scanned the registry for "authorpage" and it only appears in one location.
Any other suggestions anyone ? Win 10, i7
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
FYI - for everyone to ponder regarding the BD folder "copyright" scenario.

I own a copy of VideoStudio from Corel and it has the BD folder option enabled as a standard. Win 10, i7
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
HDedit,

I've only seen this in instances when the 'Create Disc' module has never been opened in PD8.

I'd try a full re-install.

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

All vodi
[Post New]
Nope. That won't do it either. I've recently had to re-install due to a warranty issue on my PC and the registry was identical. I'll jot it down as another Cyber mystery. I've seen enough of it by now to know better. Win 10, i7