Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go Version 10 (Currently using a trial version with Windows Vista)
20nhlblues19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2019 11:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello:

I am using a trial version of Power2Go 10 and, according to the trial download, I have a 15 day "free" trial of the program. Supposedly, after the 15 day "free" trial, I either have to purchase the full version or get a limited version with fewer program options.

Seeing the current Power2Go 12 program will not work with Windows Vista, does that mean that mean I have no other option than to get a limitied version? Does anyone know of any source of the full Power2Go 10 that I can obtain or will I still be able to use the trial version of Power2Go 10 that I have now to burn audio cds, etc.?

What are the limitations if I just continue after the 15 day trial period if there is not a full version installed?

Thank you.

3-18-19

When the 15 day trial is over and, because I am using Windows Vista and Power2Go 10, what can I expect as far as usable tools that will be still on the now non-upgraded version? I am not going to spend money to change versions of Windows just to get a newer version of Power2Go.

There are other programs I am aware of that I may have to switch to if the remaining tools on Power2Go 10 are inadequate for my personal use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2019 14:26

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello:

I am using a trial version of Power2Go 10 and, according to the trial download, I have a 15 day "free" trial of the program. Supposedly, after the 15 day "free" trial, I either have to purchase the full version or get a limited version with fewer program options.

Seeing the current Power2Go 12 program will not work with Windows Vista, does that mean that mean I have no other option than to get a limitied version? Does anyone know of any source of the full Power2Go 10 that I can obtain or will I still be able to use the trial version of Power2Go 10 that I have now to burn audio cds, etc.?

What are the limitations if I just continue after the 15 day trial period if there is not a full version installed?

Thank you.

At least you can still backup your data to discs and burn audio cd, after 15 day trial period. that should be enough for most people.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2019 21:22

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Power2Go 12 Essential is FREE burning software. Burn data CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs (even BDXL!) without restriction or limitation. Power2Go 12 Essential is FREE software and does not expire. Power2Go 12 Essential includes our popular Desktop Gadget giving you drag, drop & burn convenience for burning discs. You also get features to create Audio CDs, burn extra-long (90 min/800MB) CDs and copy CDs, non-copy protected DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Plus, enjoy a 15-day trial of premium features from Power2Go 12 Platinum, including:

Power 2Go 10 is compatible with Vista if you can find it somewhere. I looked and could not find it at a reputable dealer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2019 10:23

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.