Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photos in timeline visual errors
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I just had a photo in my timeline with the cursor on it and highlighted that was NOT the photo in my preview.
I also had a photo that was in the timeline correctly but previewed upside down.
Both issues corrected themselves when I unticked "Lighting Adjustment".
Reticking L-A did not retrigger the error.
If anything like this happened to you, feel free to comment. I will post if it happens again. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If anything like this happened to you, feel free to comment. I will post if it happens again.

I've had similar issues with the latest release. There have been many times when I've taken a snapshot to use while pausing the main video, and the snapshot is either completely black or it's a random frame from somewhere else that isn't anywhere near the scrubber

There's no rhyme or reason that I've found yet, but there are definitely some vexing issues with this release. I have a bunch of anomalies captured in screen recordings, and I'm trying to figure out if I can get them to happen more reliably before reporting them.

For example, here's a quick vid of a mystery frame that showed up when I was dragging new content from the library to the timeline:

That same frame will sometimes also appear out of nowhere after moving the scrubber to a new location, and in this case it was from an earlier project, NOT the new one I had created for the screen recording...

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Good grief! That’s just crazy. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

It sounds like some form of cache error. If so, could you try manually deleting temporary files if/when you have another occurence, and see if that cures it?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi guys,

It sounds like some form of cache error. If so, could you try manually deleting temporary files if/when you have another occurence, and see if that cures it?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I agree that it's a cache error, and I will try clearing the cache next time I see the issue. However it's something that happens all the time when I'm actively editing a big project - as in several times a minute if I look for it!

If just a single cache clear solves the problem whenever it occurs, that would be ideal and it would imply that it's more of a random glitch. But if deleting all temp file ends up only changing the "default" cached image, that's much less ideal, and would imply that the caching code might need of some attention.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I can agree with Optodata last statement. A cache coding issue. And indeed sometimes clearing the temp files will solve some. The cache issues are a bit wider. I also frequently (like with one in three projects) see thumbnails from images in the timeline and the media room that are from other parts of the program, like transitions and particles. The thumbnails of a picture or video used in the media room however is the same (wrong) thumbnail used in the timeline. PD is at least consisted there.
I have reported on this separately to CL.
Caching coding may need some attention.
The reverse is also true: One would expect things like the country/format setting (PAL in my case) to be remembered and used by the program, e.g. in the batch mode settings. Etc.
All very small issues that don't make PD unusable, but very anoying when one is in the routine of editing many videos.