Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 18 Remote App Disconnect
atestaccount [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2019 20:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Why does the application disconnect after a few minutes? I want to be able to connect once and then use it like a regular remote. Even better would be to have it automatically connect to the same server as the previous time.

I'm immensely frustrated that it does this when no other remote in the history of remotes decides to stop working. I've turned off battery optimization and everything in an attempt to make it stay connected, but it just doesn't.

WHY
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It's a big WHY.

If you are 100% sure it is not your phone that interrupts the remote, check your router, network, firewall on PC, etc.

It can become very complicated if your house has multiple levels network setup with various intermediate network devices hosting the connections.

I think a small remote app connection should not work very aggressively for any connection drops and retrying.
It could be annoying on PC side as the app doesn't have to do any real-time video or multimedia streaming.
atestaccount [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2019 20:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's a big WHY.

If you are 100% sure it is not your phone that interrupts the remote, check your router, network, firewall on PC, etc.

It can become very complicated if your house has multiple levels network setup with various intermediate network devices hosting the connections.

I think a small remote app connection should not work very aggressively for any connection drops and retrying.
It could be annoying on PC side as the app doesn't have to do any real-time video or multimedia streaming.

Router is configured exactly the same as it was working a week ago. Nothing has changed. Network hasn't changed, still connected both to the same wifi, even tried a different router, firewalls are all set to allow traffic through, disabling firewall didn't do anything, wifi card power automatic disabling was turned off but nothing changed, reinstalled PowerDVD and the remote app
AND
nothing. Absolutely nothing changed. Either I can't connect or if I do, it still disconnects.

Not to worry though, I've found a workaround. A wireless USB mouse. Far more reliable and does the job without any connection fuss. Or as a backup to that, I can use Teamviewer. With no fuss.

Appreciate the lack of help though!