Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue Titler Pro transitions keyframe
FROMNOW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 26, 2018 18:46 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I want to add the lyrics of the song to my video.

I would want each word to come up when it is spoken/sung while retaining the rest of the phrase.

I found something that does this exactly. In newblue titler I choose the fade in word by word transition.

The tempo at which they pop up is divided equally among the words however I would want some words to pop up faster and some slower.

For example. "I will not give in" 5 seconds
s 1: I
s 2: I will
s 3: I will not
s 4: I will not give
s 5: I will not give in

How can I have s 3 I will not at s 2 and s 2 at s 1,5 ?

If I try to do this with keyframes under the object page then the keyframes disappear when selecting part of the phrase. It only lets me choose the opacity of the whole phrase.

In theory I could choose for example

s 0: I will not give in (opacity 0)
s 1 : I (opacity 100) will not give in (opacity 0)
and so on..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2019 09:38

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi FROMNOW -

First up, I've dabbled with Titler Pro over the years but there's no way I'd profess to having it under control.

As far as I can see, keyframes cannot be used to modify the timing in that Fade in Word by Word transition. 5 seconds ÷ 5 words = 1 second for each word. Adding keyframes and shifting them has no impact.

[I'm very happy to be wrong about the above statement]

In PDR's Title Designer, I can see how you could do that precisely by making each word a separate title, so that the timing of each can be completely controlled.

There's a little packed project attached with the same title done a few different ways... first with NewBlue Titler Pro, then with Title Designer. You'll see in the 3rd example how each word's timing can be manipulated.

Cheers - Tony

A few years back, I mucked around with using Title Designer as a karaoke prompter. In those experiments, I was using the pop-up transitions,which act a bit like NB's word-by-word. The duration is evenly divided by the number of characters.

Filename
Title Timing.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
302 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!