Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MOV Import Truncates the clip
RickZig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2012 10:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am importing 2 .Mov clips about 12 seconds each in PowerDirector 15. One of the clips imports perfectly. The second clip truncates the last few seconds. When I play the mov file in a generic player, the entire clip plays. When I use the clip in PD 15, I lose the end. Of course, I only need the truncated part.

I have tried deleting the clip and downloading it again. I have renamed the clip and imported it again. In all cases, the same thing happens.

Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am importing 2 .Mov clips about 12 seconds each in PowerDirector 15. One of the clips imports perfectly. The second clip truncates the last few seconds. When I play the mov file in a generic player, the entire clip plays. When I use the clip in PD 15, I lose the end. Of course, I only need the truncated part.

I have tried deleting the clip and downloading it again. I have renamed the clip and imported it again. In all cases, the same thing happens.

Any help is appreciated!!

Any chance you could upload those 2 clips to a cloud folder on GoogleDrive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link here? That may help determine if there might be any problems with the clip(s) or if we'd need to look closer at how your system and PD are set up.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RickZig [Avatar]
[Post New]

Any chance you could upload those 2 clips to a cloud folder on GoogleDrive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link here? That may help determine if there might be any problems with the clip(s) or if we'd need to look closer at how your system and PD are set up.

Here is the link. The 1186 is the problem child.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nIBpb9St0l-PC1edTXtz0VBO0qZ9E52O

Thank you for you assistance!! Thank you!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the link. The 1186 is the problem child.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nIBpb9St0l-PC1edTXtz0VBO0qZ9E52O

Thank you for you assistance!!

That's strange, can't say that I've seen that before. Most players don't really play correctly either as they report the clip as only 8sec long but it's really about 13s. The good part, Handbrake will convert to full 13s clip and that works fine in PD so you see the throw-out on 3rd.

Jeff
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Looks as if the file is 'broken' in some way. Was it a download or a screen recording?

1. Mediainfo from original - "Duration: 8s 525ms".

2. After running it through Handbrake - "Duration: 13s 578ms".

RickZig [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's strange, can't say that I've seen that before. Most players don't really play correctly either as they report the clip as only 8sec long but it's really about 13s. The good part, Handbrake will convert to full 13s clip and that works fine in PD so you see the throw-out on 3rd.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff! I will look into Handbrake. Thank you!
RickZig [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Looks as if the file is 'broken' in some way. Was it a download or a screen recording?

1. Mediainfo from original - "Duration: 8s 525ms".

2. After running it through Handbrake - "Duration: 13s 578ms".

The file was downloaded from the site that records the games. (watermarked lower left). It not the greatest quality but it is the ony one available.

I appreciate the reply. Thank you!