Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 suddenly lacks of supporting newer recorded MP4 H.264 AVC files from BlackVue DR750S-2CH
Mr-C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2019 11:32 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am having the same issues as in this thread:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77682.page

But just with H.264 AVC files (not using H.265 as my dashcam only uses H.264), which PD16 only can open some of, suddenly!

After some firmware updates to the dashcam, the latest videos from my dashcam which are supported successfully in PD16 is from mid june 2018 and older. Newer files from the dashcam are not working in PD16!

Black screen when playing the files (and black thumbnail), no audio, no shadowfiles.

See attached images

NOTE:
I have just tried the same video files in PD17 Trial that weren't working in PD16, and they are working in the library box with thumbnail showing, and are playable in the window on the right, but they are not working in the timeline! When dragged and dropped in the timeline and trying to play the timeline after the file have been loaded, it states the error in "Screenshot_1.png".

So the issue were partially fixed in PD17 (because of the aboe mentioned topic maybe?) but not at all in PD16.
[Thumb - Screenshot_6.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_6.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot_1.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2019 12:18

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would help to see the actual clips you're having trouble with. Can you please upload one of the older (PD16=OK) and one of the newer (PD17 trial = partially OK) clips to a folder on One Drive, Google Drive, etc and post the link here? Be sure to rename them or otherwise describe which is which.
Mr-C [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is from today and does not work in PD16:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1btoXsRJ2dEWGjZ7xRAQwslugS5PceNWK

This is older, and DOES work perfectly in PD16:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lOUdbXGcRRqxUGBtkCs8uxFMp02RpYnq
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is from today and does not work in PD16:

This is older, and DOES work perfectly in PD16:

Well, as far as I can tell, both files are exactly the same from a codec standpoint. Other than the time/date, the specific duration and a minor difference in the overall bit rate, the clips are identical.

I renamed them by keeping the last 4 digits and adding a "PD16 +" or "PD16 -" in front so I'd know which clip was which, but take a look at the full MediaInfo details in the attached text files. There aren't any technical differences between them.

I have no trouble viewing either clip in PD17, so I'm not sure of what might be going on over on your end. The trial version of PD17 has some limitations that might be affecting the behavior you've described, but the main issue is why PD16 sees any difference at all.

Are you accessing/downloading files from the device (or its SD card) directly, or are your transferring the clips to one of your Windows drives first? A dashcam firmware update might have an impact on file access/viewing, so getting the clips onto your PC would rule that out as a potential cause.
 Filename
Older clip.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo details
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
196 time(s)
 Filename
Newer clip.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo details
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2019 18:03

Mr-C [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for helping me.

The files have always been extracted from the MicroSD card to an external HDD which all videos are placed.

It’s not at my end, because then I wouldn’t be able to edit the older files ??
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for helping me.

The files have always been extracted from the MicroSD card to an external HDD which all videos are placed.

It’s not at my end, because then I wouldn’t be able to edit the older files ??

OK, so it's not an issue with accessing the clips.

In the thread you referenced at the beginning, Cyberlink found that there was a problem with PD17 with regard to playing specific dashcam clips. There has been a beta patch released to address that issue, but I don't know whether they will patch PD16 or not.

One way to request that would be to file a formal tech support request from this page. You should explain the situation and provide the URL of this forum thread so they can access the dashcam clips. When you submit the report, please post the ticket number back here (it will start with CS).

In the mean time, you can use a free converter like HandBrake or VirtualDub2 to make the clips workable in PD16. That's probably the best workaround at the moment.
Mr-C [Avatar]
[Post New]
CS001993180

Yeah, sadly its some kind of fix thats needed. But the weirdest part is, what have suddenly changed?? yell
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yeah, sadly its some kind of fix thats needed. But the weirdest part is, what have suddenly changed?? yell

I don't think it's anything that suddenly happened, but some form of uniqueness of this clip.

Just to highlight how far we've come, the old PD8 can read them no issue. PD10,11,12,13,14,15,16, nope. I'd say to get by with your PD16 to convert as was suggested.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD8_dashcam.PNG]
 Filename
PD8_dashcam.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
681 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Interesting about PD8. I only have 13, 14 and 17 and you can clearly see that PD14 isn't able to extract the correct resolution frame rate, AR or profile from the problematic clip:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Mr-C [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't think it's anything that suddenly happened, but some form of uniqueness of this clip.

Just to highlight how far we've come, the old PD8 can read them no issue. PD10,11,12,13,14,15,16, nope. I'd say to get by with your PD16 to convert as was suggested.

Jeff

Of course its something that BlackVue changed in their DR750S-2CH firmware. Its just weird, that the files looks the same regarding codec etc. but still only one of them works (recorded files 6-8 months ago and older works perfect, but every recorded file after doesn’t. And I have a lot saved).

And if PD8 can read it but not 10-16 but 17 partially, it just shows that there IS something Cyberlink can easily fix, just like was done in the thread linked in the top post

yes I can probably convert the non-working files, but I would like PD16 to just eat it flawlessly.
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
A possible cause could be the extra sat nav information carried in the clip for position and speed carried .in the clips.

No idea how to deal with the problem other than try some conversation software and output a similar file format.

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

optodata
[Post New]
Quote And if PD8 can read it but not 10-16 but 17 partially, it just shows that there IS something Cyberlink can easily fix, just like was done in the thread linked in the top post

yes I can probably convert the non-working files, but I would like PD16 to just eat it flawlessly.

Just to be clear, my screenshot of the broken clip was from PD14. The new clip plays and previews perfectly in PD17 on my PC.

In all honesty, we could also assign some blame/responsibility to BlackVue, since they took something that was working perfectly and changed the recordings enough that they no longer work with some other programs.

For example, I wanted to see if I could read the metadata from each clip to see where the issue might be, and this is what happened when I tried opening each with command line tool called MP4Box:

So the issue is real and it affects more than just some versions of PD. According to the 3 error messages above, it also seems like there is some non-standard data in the older BlackVue clip, just not enough to break playability.

Obviously it would be great if Cyberlink would take care of this in PD16, and hopefully your support ticket will help make that happen. Just be aware that PD16 is getting close to the end of its 2 year active support phase, though.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2019 18:13

Mr-C [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I have sent every information to BlackVue/Pittasoft and linked to this thread. Cyberlink nor BlackVue/Pittasoft have answered yet.

I've also tried to see, if I could get PD17 (upgrade price from v.15/16), but the site really sucks. Prices are different before and after placed in the basket. And even though I'm logged into my profile PD16 Ultra isn't listed on my product page, only on my orders page.

The prices aren't what they say anyway.

$99.99 - right? I click on "Buy now"

And then this pops up:

I choose "No thanks, continue with PowerDirector ($99.99)

And then it redirects to the basket and looks like this:

(I've added a 10% discount coupon "MEMBER10", but look at the price even after that!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 26. 2019 02:42