Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapters and multipart videos
[Post New]
Hi - first time poster....

I use PD mostly to edit music videos. I have a video of a full set my band played, and it was shot on a GoPro so the source files are all 11 mins 39 seconds long. I've put them all end to end and entered chapter numbers - was hoping I could have the program export by chapter. It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that. Is there? Or is there an easy way to export a movie that's part of a project, not the whole thing? I am not seeing that either. Tried searching in the manual and on the internet, but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colin
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi - first time poster....

I use PD mostly to edit music videos. I have a video of a full set my band played, and it was shot on a GoPro so the source files are all 11 mins 39 seconds long. I've put them all end to end and entered chapter numbers - was hoping I could have the program export by chapter. It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that. Is there? Or is there an easy way to export a movie that's part of a project, not the whole thing? I am not seeing that either. Tried searching in the manual and on the internet, but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colin

In PD "Chapters" are only relevant for creating a disc based presentation product. So, a DVD, BD, video folder, ISO, not an individual file. In such outputs during playback one can skip to a desired Chapter marker in the project. Yes, some files can embed chapters, but not with PD.

So, if you want to export="Produce" a section of your timeline the easiest way to do that is grab the little orange markers on the sides of the timeline scrubber and mark off the section, or chapter as you called it, and then above the timeline a button activates that says "Produce Range".

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff, that'll work. I knew chapters were mainly for DVDs, but... anyway you helped me out.