Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 Degree Panosphere freeze frame for interactive VR?
das3Dstudio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2019 19:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

does anyone know if and how its possible in PD17 to take a full 360 panosphere freezeframe out of a 360 video?

Background is, that I'd like to add some effects, like flashing arrows and the like, to a panosphere from a video and use them as hotspots in a virtual tour.

I'd like to have a result as this in my interactive virtual tour package in the end:

360 Video from PD17 up to a certain frame-Next frame is one 360 panospheric still image freeze frame out of the video, augmented with animated hotspots-Then continue 360 Video at the frame right after the extraction of the panosphere.

Essentially I need to have three items:
-360 video before freeze frame
-360 freeze frame still image
-360 video after freeze frame

These will be used as separate elements in a virtual tour. Not in PD17.

Thanks,

Fran
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well the usual snapshot method won't work, but what you can do is to essentially extend the desired frame for as long as needed.

One way to do that is to make a copy of the clip and use the Video Speed tool to slow it down to 0.1x speed (slow it down 10x). Then trim just that one frame and then copy it as many times as you need to get the desired duration. You can also use Range Produce to turn them into standalone 360 clips for your external virtual tour.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
das3Dstudio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2019 19:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well the usual snapshot method won't work, but what you can do is to essentially extend the desired frame for as long as needed.

One way to do that is to make a copy of the clip and use the Video Speed tool to slow it down to 0.1x speed (slow it down 10x). Then trim just that one frame and then copy it as many times as you need to get the desired duration. You can also use Range Produce to turn them into standalone 360 clips for your external virtual tour.

Thanks.

Got it working with VirtualDub2. This explains it well towards the end:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/extract-video-frames-to-images-using-vlc-media-player/