Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD-14 UHD-BD Won't play UHD Blu-Rays despite meeting Cyberlink Advisor Requirements
Bayram1923 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: US Joined: Feb 17, 2019 14:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

So I've been trying to play UHD BluRays on my system for a while now and just as I think I've gotten it to work I end up getting a new problem. This latest problem I've been stumped with so I wanted to reach out to the forum and ask for help.

Earlier today I managed to fix the first problem I had (error 01003), I followed this forum post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78411.page and changed my secondary 4K monitor to primary monitor in Windows Display Settings. This got rid of the error and PDVD successfully downloaded the first time settings for UHD BluRays. Then it asked me if I wanted to play the disc in SDR (I have HDR off on the monitor) and I said yes. Then I had a black screen for a few second followed by some light appearing on the screen for one second. Then it stopped and gave me error 0011

The error said "Playback stopped because your graphics card driver is incompatible. Make sure it meets the minimum requirements."

My monitor is connected to Intel HD Graphics 630 with the latest driver from February installed. And my second monitor is connected to Nvidia GTX 1080 also with the latest drivers.

However, Netflix streams in 4K with no problems which means I meet all the 4K requirements successfully so I am confused why PDVD won't work.

I have attached a DxDiag file, thank you for your help in advance everyone!!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
279 time(s)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]

Earlier today I managed to fix the first problem I had (error 01003), I followed this forum post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78411.page and changed my secondary 4K monitor to primary monitor in Windows Display Settings.

My monitor is connected to Intel HD Graphics 630 with the latest driver from February installed. And my second monitor is connected to Nvidia GTX 1080 also with the latest drivers.

However, Netflix streams in 4K with no problems which means I meet all the 4K requirements successfully so I am confused why PDVD won't work.

In short, you are saying you are using your secondary monitor (which you made your primary monitor) to watch the UHD BD, but it is connected to an NVIDIA GPU, which does not support UHD BD playback. Check the system requirements:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html?affid=2581_1326_540

FYI, UHD BD requirements are a lot more strict than streaming Netflix via a browser or an app. Mainly because some people find away to rip the discs.

Dave
Bayram1923 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oops I just realized that it came off as confusing, what I meant was:

Normally my first monitor was my 1440p monitor and my second monitor was my 4K monitor with HDCP 2.2. I kept their location on my desk the same but changed the status of which one was the primary monitor on Windows Display settings. So my 4K monitor became the primary monitor (in the settings). And it is connected to Intel HD Graphics 630 and not the Nvidia GPU since I know it only works on Intel graphics.

After I connected it to the Intel graphics the Cyberlink Checklist said it met every requirement but PDVD 14 still does not play UHD Blu-Rays :/
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm, seems like there is still a compatibility issue or some configurations are not quite right. At this point it is best to contact technical support I would guess.

Dave
Bayram1923 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah I opened a request with them two days ago so hopefully they can help out. They responded once and asked for proof of my purchase of PDVD 14 since my email wasn't registered. The copy I have came with the UHD Blu-Ray Drive I bought on Amazon so I sent proof of that and now I'm waiting for a response.

Thanks for your help by the way