Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is PowerDVD Ultra 9 fixed yet and worth the upgrade?
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PowerDVD Ultra8 and keep getting messages to upgrade to Ultra9.
I have held off from upgrading due to all the horror stories I read about PowerDVD9 crashing, freezing, audio problems, ect.
Has the PowerDVD Ultra9 bugs been fixed yet to where this is now a reliable program to use for blu-ray movie playback?
My current PowerDVD8 works just fine for blu-ray playback and DD-DTS 5.1 audio, using Vista 64bit, and certainly don't want to upgrade unless I know for sure Ultra9 is going to work and be worth while.
Also does anybody know if either of these programs are going to work with Windows7 64bit?
Thoughts and opinions please.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 31. 2009 12:31

Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

CyberLink will release a new PowerDVD 8 patch file which can fully support Win 7.
Probably the patch will release in few weeks.

And I think you don't need to purchase PowerDVD 9.
Due to your PowerDVD 8 works fine.
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Daisuke for the reply.
I will most likely continue to keep my current PowerDVD8 (version2521) but was really hoping to hear from some of the current PowerDVD9 owners.
PowerDVD9 owners, What are your experiences with this program?
Are you happy with the upgrade or do you wish you kept your old version?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 01. 2009 11:45

Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 20:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm 1 PowerDVD Ultra 9 owner, and still cant even get the program to load up.. playing tag with tech support going on day 4.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2008 21:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from 8 Ultra to 9 without any issues, playback on all my commercial and home made Blu-ray discs are perfect...not a single issue thus far...
mlrandall222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 10:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Do not buy PowerDVD 9 Ultra! I stopped counting the number of patches I installed and it still won't play many of my blu ray's. Version 7 that came with my drive plays all of them.