Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insta360 One X 5.7K Full Resolution In & Output from PD17
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This post was written for PD17, so you'll need to save the custom Profile.ini in the correct folder for PD19. That would be C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure

It also sounds like you haven't yet created any custom profiles from inside PD, so you don't have an existing Profile.ini file in the above folder. Simply copy the 5.7k profile.ini file there. Rename it to profile.ini and the 5.7K option should be visible when you open up PD19 and go to the Produce page.
terrafrost [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 22:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This post was written for PD17, so you'll need to save the custom Profile.ini in the correct folder for PD19. That would be C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure

It also sounds like you haven't yet created any custom profiles from inside PD, so you don't have an existing Profile.ini file in the above folder. Simply copy the 5.7k profile.ini file there. Rename it to profile.ini and the 5.7K option should be visible when you open up PD19 and go to the Produce page.

I had copy / pasted the contents of 5.7k profile.ini into the appropriate file. Turns out that PD19 is expecting that file to have UTF-16 encoding, which is not what I was using.

Found this out by emptying the contents of my file and then adding a new profile through the GUI with an empty ini file. Notepad showed spaces between every character, indicitative of UTF-16 (ie. the spaces were actually NULL bytes).

The non-UTF-16 encoding that I was using was preventing me from adding new profiles, as well.
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]

The easiest thing to do is open up the 5.7K profile, select all content, then copy it and append it to the end of the existing Profile.ini in this folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\UserConfigure. Then save the file and open up PD.

Does the newest version of PD support 5.7K files without the customer having to made such changes?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No. There's been no change in PD's maximum producing resolution of 4K in many years. The steps in this discussion are still needed if you want to produce to a higher resolution.