Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue transition pack crashing with PD
[Post New]
I got a trial of NewBlue Transitions 5 ultimate. It works with PowerDirector even though it's not specifically stated on their website.

I downloaded the trial just to see what it has to offer and when I click on the position button to modify a transition the program immediately crashes. I asked them but they are slow to get back to me so Im asking here.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've generally had very good response times from NewBlue, but to my knowledge the only packs that work with PD are these legacy FX. Stand-alone apps like Titler Pro should work, but I don't think the integrated packs will work if PD isn't specifically listed.

You may want to look at Pixelan if you're looking for other transition options for PD. I have the last 4 packs shown here, and they are excellent.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I've generally had very good response times from NewBlue, but to my knowledge the only packs that work with PD are these legacy FX. Stand-alone apps like Titler Pro should work, but I don't think the integrated packs will work if PD isn't specifically listed.

You may want to look at Pixelan if you're looking for other transition options for PD. I have the last 4 packs shown here, and they are excellent.

A person at NewBlue confirmed that it works yesterday. I have the trial and the transitions do show up in PD but the software crashshes if I try to adjust the position.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A person at NewBlue confirmed that it works yesterday. I have the trial and the transitions do show up in PD but the software crashes if I try to adjust the position.

I've downloaded and installed the trial version and the new content shows up in PD17's transition room. I placed several different transitions onto some timeline clips, then I dragged the endpoints, changed them from overlap to cross and back, and adjusted all the controls. did have one crash about a minute after I started playing with the controls, but I've spent another 5 since then and haven't had another one.

One thing I noticed is that the right edges of the transition's number boxes in the right column are cut off, but I can't tell whose responsibility that is, Cyberlink or NBFX. Since it's not "officially" listed as working with PD on the NBFX web page, it may be hard to get them to help you solve the issue, although I think the price is significant enough that they would want to try.

There are some really interesting transition FX in there, so if you want to keep trying it out I'd suggest checking your video driver and maybe changing the hardware acceleration settings in PD to see if that lets you run without crashing. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling NBFX, and even PD.
[Thumb - NBFX controls.jpg]
 Filename
NBFX controls.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
cut-off control boxes screenshot
 Filesize
187 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]

I've downloaded and installed the trial version and the new content shows up in PD17's transition room. I placed several different transitions onto some timeline clips, then I dragged the endpoints, changed them from overlap to cross and back, and adjusted all the controls. did have one crash about a minute after I started playing with the controls, but I've spent another 5 since then and haven't had another one.

One thing I noticed is that the right edges of the transition's number boxes in the right column are cut off, but I can't tell whose responsibility that is, Cyberlink or NBFX. Since it's not "officially" listed as working with PD on the NBFX web page, it may be hard to get them to help you solve the issue, although I think the price is significant enough that they would want to try.

There are some really interesting transition FX in there, so if you want to keep trying it out I'd suggest checking your video driver and maybe changing the hardware acceleration settings in PD to see if that lets you run without crashing. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling NBFX, and even PD.

Before I troubleshoot I just want to confirm that when you clicked on Position it did not crash for you? Because I can mess with the sliders but when I click on position it crashes.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Before I troubleshoot I just want to confirm that when you clicked on Position it did not crash for you? Because I can mess with the sliders but when I click on position it crashes.

Thanks for clarifying what you're seeing. Many transitions do not have a Position button in their control panel, but whenever I use a transition that has one, clicking on it will always cause PD to crash. This also occurs if there are Start and End Position boxes ansd I click on either one.

Cyberlink now has 4 crash reports from my testing, so be sure to post tthe CS number back here if you want to report this to CL tech support.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

Thanks for clarifying what you're seeing. Many transitions do not have a Position button in their control panel, but whenever I use a transition that has one, clicking on it will always cause PD to crash. This also occurs if there are Start and End Position boxes ansd I click on either one.

Cyberlink now has 4 crash reports from my testing, so be sure to post tthe CS number back here if you want to report this to CL tech support.

I sent a report. I wonder what's causing it to crash like that