Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
youcam8 windows 10 - recording in .WMV and .MP4, not just .AVI
paulo youcam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2019 10:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
hello! i have youcam8 in windows 10.

My recording file is enormous (some gigabytes) because youcam8 is recording in .AVI extension and not showing me other options like .MP4 or .WMV.

What do I need to do to enable these two other extentions record options?
Thanks,

Paulo.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
I can see .MP4 option as recording format.

what is your hardware spec.? as I know, youcam need hardware to support .MP4 recording.
paulo youcam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I can see .MP4 option as recording format.

what is your hardware spec.? as I know, youcam need hardware to support .MP4 recording.

I have Gforce 210 with Amd FX series , maybe is codec problem? DirectX? i dont know...
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Amd FX doesn't support hardware endoe, as for Geforce 210,
according to below, it only supported h.264 hardware decode, so maybe it also doesn't support hardware encode.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/features

software encode is too slow to make it 1:1 realtime encode in your platform.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14. 2019 20:27

paulo youcam [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Amd FX doesn't support hardware endoe, as for Geforce 210,
according to below, it only supported h.264 hardware decode, so maybe it also doesn't support hardware encode.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/features

software encode is too slow to make it 1:1 realtime encode in your platform.

Thanks sumerJ for suport!
Jason Sizemore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2018 16:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Even if you had a Geforce 1050 GT, chances are Youcam 8 will not let you record videos in MP4 anymore than Youcam 7 will because the Windows 10 Creator's Update from last October removed deprecated and obsolete code regarding DirectShow and all the video hardware companies from ATI, Nvidia, Intel, etc. also had to remove support for it in order to maintain WHQL certification with Microsoft in future driver releases. It is for this very reason why MP4 recording doesn't work on Nvidia hardware after the 411.77 drivers, and the same can be said about more recent drivers for ATI/AMD and Intel hardware as MP4 support become broken there as well.

Furthermore, .WMV support only works at 640x480 - anything above that locks you down with only .AVI ...

Cyberlink has only patched current and previous versions of Power Director. Youcam 7 and 8 users have been completely and utterly abandoned by Cyberlink. They have had the better part of 4 months to fix the issue and their silence -- along with competing software such as Bandicam that never got broken by these changes in the first place -- speak volumes. Cyberlink is opperating under the hubris that hardware manufacturers and computer operating systems have to the compatible with Cyberlink software instead of the other way around.

Two pictures speak volumes as well ...

This snapshot is taken with Nvidia's 411.77 drivers installed and my Logitec camera set to record at 720p HD at 30FPS ...
https://i.imgur.com/lv5R4Ot.jpg

This shapshot is taken right after updating those same drivers to 417.71 using the clean install method ...
https://i.imgur.com/Oy2KmOF.jpg

You needn't guess what happens after reverting back to the 411.77 drivers ... MP4 support comes back.