Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Buying pd 17 - background music copyright issues?
tushar4544 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2018 04:15 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
is it true that background music gets copyright issues on youtube i have seen in forums? what is the real difference between pd 17 ultra and ultimate? is buying this good for youtube tutorial videos?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2019 12:05

[Post New]
Hello tushar4544,

Welcome to the DZ forum laughing

From the information provided in this thread, it seems that even though many tracks are flagged for copyright on YouTube most claims are released. In other words, there are no real ill-effects from using the background music, aside from a little inconvenience.

If you purchase the Ultra or Ultime version (perpetual), you don't have free access to all the background music or the add-on packs.

The best thing to do is to use this comparison table to inform your decision. Certainly, if there's anything that's unclear, don't be afraid to ask here.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
tushar4544 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello tushar4544,

Welcome to the DZ forum laughing

From the information provided in this thread, it seems that even though many tracks are flagged for copyright on YouTube most claims are released. In other words, there are no real ill-effects from using the background music, aside from a little inconvenience.

If you purchase the Ultra or Ultime version (perpetual), you don't have free access to all the background music or the add-on packs.

The best thing to do is to use this comparison table to inform your decision. Certainly, if there's anything that's unclear, don't be afraid to ask here.

PIX

ok so i dont get anything with pd 17 ultimate? i am a starter and is this good for making tutorial videos for youtube?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]

ok so i dont get anything with pd 17 ultimate? i am a starter and is this good for making tutorial videos for youtube?

Yes you do. As the comparison table says:

"Bonus background music tracks & sound clips NEW - 50 tracks & 100 clips"

David
tushar4544 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes you do. As the comparison table says:

"Bonus background music tracks & sound clips NEW - 50 tracks & 100 clips"

David

50 and 100 tracks are available with ultra should i go with ultra version?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 50 and 100 tracks are available with ultra should i go with ultra version?

I'd use PIX's suggestion of looking at the table of features to guide your decision more than the music tracks or sound clips that might be included. You can always get all sorts of free music or sound clips off the web, forum contributor,....so on but to get added 3rd party effects for instance can be rather expensive.

The 30 day return is described here https://www.cyberlink.com/support/purchase-faq-content.do?id=16356

Jeff
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote is it true that background music gets copyright issues on youtube i have seen in forums? what is the real difference between pd 17 ultra and ultimate? is buying this good for youtube tutorial videos?

Here is a link to 1 of 2 tutorials that help walk you thorugh the difference in the versions.

--Jim