Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WaveEditor behaviour with PowerDirector16
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Typically the file starts to process but the progress bar stops part way through and there is no error message (or file in the folder). My results are the inverse of yours - if I change a .wav extension to .mp3 it imports, but changing it to anything else produces a failure.
I have just lgged a ticket with Cyberlink as you suggested.

That behavior is very, very strange. It seems like renaming the clip is a partial workaround that would let you edit .wav clips in WE, but you still can't use it from inside PD. With all of the steps you've taken so far, I hope tech support can get this working for you!

When you see this, please post the CS number you received and be sure to update your ticket with the URL of this thread so that the technician can see everything that's happened so far and can also access your shared pictures and clips.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
nhm1, more than likely a corrupt WMP. Installing 3rd party codec can remedy but I'd try to reset WIN7 WMP first by:

In Control Panel open "Programs and Features" then click on the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" link (top-left). Click the + sign to the left of the "Media Features" folder and see what's selected. You might need to uninstall Media Player by unchecking the boxes, clear Windows Media Player checkbox, Yes, OK, Restart the PC.

After restart, then bring up the dialog again and install it by clicking the boxes to make the checked again.

Jeff
nhm1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2019 09:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

That behavior is very, very strange. It seems like renaming the clip is a partial workaround that would let you edit .wav clips in WE, but you still can't use it from inside PD. With all of the steps you've taken so far, I hope tech support can get this working for you!

When you see this, please post the CS number you received and be sure to update your ticket with the URL of this thread so that the technician can see everything that's happened so far and can also access your shared pictures and clips.

Here is the enquiry number: CS001990385

Thanks again for your help and I will keep you posted.