Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Downloader Reports Error Downloading Latest Patch
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried downloading the latest patch for PDVD17. The Cyberlink Downloader.exe downloads successfully, but it then reports that there are Internet or Firewall problems once it is launched, after about 20 seconds, and it doesn't download even one byte of the patch. There are no Internet issues.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64, Build 1803 on an i7 CPU computer, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD with 860 GB free space.
Bitdefender Total Security 2019 (Have disabled that without success, including the Firewall)
Malwarebytes Premium 3.7.1 (also tried disabling that without sucess)

Does anyone have any ideas, other than find another computer to download the patch?

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Just an update. I booted into Safe Mode with Networking and was able to successfully download the patch file. Then I booted back into Normal Mode and successfully installed the patch.

I can only conclude that Bitdefender was blocking the download, even though I had turned off the Protection modules. There were no notifications from Bitdefender.

This might help others who encounter a similar issue.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor