Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering Videos for YouTube
Lanhawk59
Newbie Location: Philippines Joined: Dec 08, 2016 11:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everbody,
I have a question what occurs during the rendering process when I add parts of videos at different frame rates. I had one clip at 1080p at 30 fps then the majority of the clips were at 60 fps and then a small part was at 4k at 30 fps. When it came time to render the video I selected 1080 at 60 (thinking that was correct because the majority of the vid was at 60 fps). Now I am wondering if I should have selected the slowest rate of 30 fps. Additionally I wondered how Powerdirector 17 handled the 4k stuff. Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2019 19:54

Check out my channel on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lanhawk59
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It kind of depends on what you're trying to accomplish by outputting a 60p video.

PowerDirector will double up the frames if you input 30p and output 60p. The files will be larger but, even though they are 60p, they'll still be showing 30 frames per second.

So I guess if your'e mixing 30p and 60p footage, you can output 60p if you want. It won't hurt anything.

But the main reason for outputting higher frame rate videos is because they handle action scenes better. There's less frame blur in scenes where there's a lot of movement.

But if your original video is 30 fps and you fudge it up to 60 fps, you won't see that advantage.

Why are you outputting 60p?
Lanhawk59
Newbie Location: Philippines Joined: Dec 08, 2016 11:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It kind of depends on what you're trying to accomplish by outputting a 60p video.

PowerDirector will double up the frames if you input 30p and output 60p. The files will be larger but, even though they are 60p, they'll still be showing 30 frames per second.

So I guess if your'e mixing 30p and 60p footage, you can output 60p if you want. It won't hurt anything.

But the main reason for outputting higher frame rate videos is because they handle action scenes better. There's less frame blur in scenes where there's a lot of movement.

But if your original video is 30 fps and you fudge it up to 60 fps, you won't see that advantage.

Why are you outputting 60p?

I actually was trying to show the different in my action camera by doing 1080p at 60 then change to 4k at 30 fps but my introduction to the video was at 1080 at 30 fps. I selected 60 because the majority of the footage was shot at 60 or maybe a better explanation was I didn't know what I was doing. ha ha Check out my channel on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lanhawk59
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
For Youtube, you can upload whatever you want.

Youtube will always re-render everything uploaded.

If you upload 1080p, you will get a 1080p video on Youtube, but you have no choice of the frame rate or the bit rate of the final video on Youtube.

Anything over about 16 Mbps bit rate is a waste of bandwidth uploading.

You can download a video from your account from youtube and see what Youtube does to your video.
A look with MediaInfo will tell you what the video result really is. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.