Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just subscribed to PowerDirector 365, questions about "packs"
guyfromthenorth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 20:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Packs, plugins, AI, effect, so many different words in the "what I get" pile when I bought the sub for 365.

I'm just confused on what I actually GET. In the Cyberlink App Manager I see a "packs" tab. Inside that I see all kinds of "packs". When I click the (i) I see details and some BIG price tags. As a 365 subscriber do I automatically get access to all these packs? The last thing I want to do is click DOWNLOAD and next month see 500$ in charges show up on my card. I did submit a ticket to support but never heard back.

Thoughts? Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Everything that shows up in the AppManager is yours as a 365 subscriber, so feel free to download as many as you are intersted in. There is no additional cost!

The info page shows what's included in the pack as well as the cost for non-subscribers who want to purchase it. You can safely ignore that
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have to be connected to the internet to use 365?

I use my laptop in the motor home for field edits, so little chance of connectivity in some sites.

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

Hankster65
Newbie Location: Kettering, OH Joined: Dec 04, 2018 09:19 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you have to be connected to the internet to use 365?

I use my laptop in the motor home for field edits, so little chance of connectivity in some sites.

Rgds

I do not have 365 but from what I've read it needs the internet to check the validity of your subscription just 2 or 3 times a month. So, if you happened to be in a remote area with no internet that could present a problem. One solution might be to have a cellphone plan that provides the ability to use your phone as a "hot spot" for internet access. Having spent much time, several years in fact, living on the road I found that to be a reasonably reliable solution. Of course there may be times when you can't even get a cell signal. No system is perfect. Happy travels! If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.