Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
why can't I set my resolution to 1280 x 1080 on SR4?
Tony Wall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2018 20:27 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have just purchased the new screenrecorder 4 (not an upgrade to it)

It seemed to be working ok when I got it about a week ago and now it seems to be playing up.

Let me give you a little back ground:

I have just bought a new laptop powerful enough to do full HD 1080p using Windows 10

And I bought a new webcam (Logitech Brio) which is capable of doing 4k but I won't be doing that.

This is what I have been doing since I bought the new stuff above:

I set the SR front page (the first page that comes up, the one that you click record on):
Video resolution: 1080p
Video Framerate: 30fps (but can change that right up to 120fps) so I think the front page is ok.

Then I go to Preferences>Webcam and this is where the problem starts:

I select Logitech BRIO for my wecam (that seems to work okay)
I try to 1280 x 1080 for my resolution but I it's not there (but have been able to select it in the past). At the moment I can only get 1280 x 720
At the moment I can only get 30 fps for my frame rate selection (but I was able to get different rates before)

I have downloaded the patch 6648 but that didn't help.

I hope someone can help.
Tony Wall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2018 20:27 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am posting a reply to my own post:

I deleted my first copy and downloaded another copy of Screen Recorder 4 using my extended download service and it's working again, but I don't know for how long.

I also don't know how many times I can keep downloading a new one?

I also noticed the settings were not saving like they should (some one on Youtube suggested that was caused by Windows 10, but I don't know)