Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Occasional judder / stutter after producing
David57 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 06:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I've just edited an old HDV tape but after rendering I have a stutter every few seconds. The original footage has no stutter but this seems to be something that has been introduced into the rendered video as it stutters at the same points every time its played. The stutter is like there is a missing frame or two. Its not a problem with playback as the computer is more than up to it and in fact it plays smoothly apart from the areas with the missing frames. Same when I play it by connecting a disk drive to my smart TV. These missing frames, if thats what this is, usualy occur mid-clip so don't appear to be related to cuts I've made. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Can you confirm that you used PowerDirector to capture the video from the camcorder over a FireWire connection?

Otherwise, there will be variables to consider.
David57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you confirm that you used PowerDirector to capture the video from the camcorder over a FireWire connection?

Otherwise, there will be variables to consider.

No, I captured it some time ago using an old version of Sony Vegas on a different computer. The original footage does not seem to be affected though.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You won't be able to tell the specs of your raw footage just by playing it.

I would recommend you open one of your captured MPEGs with the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that appears and paste it to this forum.

We need to confirm your video's specs before troubleshooting further.
David57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You won't be able to tell the specs of your raw footage just by playing it.

I would recommend you open one of your captured MPEGs with the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that appears and paste it to this forum.

We need to confirm your video's specs before troubleshooting further.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The text from Mediainfo is attached.
 Filename
Mediainfo file.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry for the delay in responding. The text from Mediainfo is attached.

If this is the info from one of your source clips, can you also post the MediaInfo details of a produced clip?

Even better would be to produce a short sample clip that shows the issue and upload that to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox etc. and paste the link to it here. It would also help to see which produce profile you're using, and what your project's frames per second setting is.