Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 18 v2525 Beta Patch Now Available
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink has released a Beta Patch for PowerDVD 18 for testing, which will update your PowerDVD to v2525. Please keep in mind that it is a beta version of the next GM release, and only install if you are willing to assist in the beta testing of this version.

Note: this patch is NOT for the subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.

Downloader URL:
<link removed>

Release notes:

- Resolves playback issues for certain YouTube videos.
- Resolves the error (code: 00002711) when launching program or playing Blu-ray/DVD movie discs.
- Resolves the issue that the program crashes when playing 3D videos.
- Minor bug fixes.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 13. 2019 03:10

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Further to raising a support ticket I participated in a CyberLink Remote Investigation in which a modified file was tested which completely resolved the crash/3D playback problem I had. This file was removed during the cleanup which again left me with PowerDVD crashing whenever I tried to play a 3D vid or disk. I subsequently re-installed my base version which works and did not install any updates. Today I noticed this beta patch was available which seemed to address my problem, I installed the latest updates then the beta patch and indeed I can now play 3D but unlike the testing done in the remote investigation it is not a complete fix.
The problem I now have is that when attempting to play a 3D disk or image during loading I see the TV switch to 3D mode but when the the menu is displayed it is in 2D and any playback remains in 2D. If I check the PowerDVD 3D settings the "Play 3D media in 3D" setting has been reset. At that point if I change the setting for 3D the display will switch to 3D mode and the disk will play in 3D without problem. This is a 100% hard failure for me. 3D videos (.mkv/mvc)play in 3D without problem, but of course they do not have menus.
I have seen and I believe reported this issue previously. possibly for PowerDVD 15, so hopefully it is a known problem that can be easily fixed, here's hoping.
Not sure if this is the correct place to report this issue, I have also raised a further ticket, please let me know.
Regards Joe
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I think that if their engineering team modified any files specifically for your platform, then it is not recommended to simply patch it with some other versions as this patch is still in beta.
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I think that if their engineering team modified any files specifically for your platform, then it is not recommended to simply patch it with some other versions as this patch is still in beta.

As explained in my post, the devs removed the modified file(s) as part of their cleanup leaving me with again with a PowerDVD that crashed any time I tried to play 3D. I had no option but to go back to the non-updated version (my original purchase). The support ticket for the crash on 3D after 2307 update was closed following the arrangement of the remote session without further comment. The post here requests feedback when trying out the beta patch but gives no further info on where to send the feedback!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2019 03:39

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

As explained in my post, the devs removed the modified file(s) as part of their cleanup leaving me with again with a PowerDVD that crashed any time I tried to play 3D. I had no option but to go back to the non-updated version (my original purchase). The support ticket for the crash on 3D after 2307 update was closed following the arrangement of the remote session without further comment. The post here requests feedback when trying out the beta patch but gives no further info on where to send the feedback!

Making us aware of an issue is helpful, but please also submit a support ticket for the new issue and reply here with the ticket number, which we will pass on.

Also send us the ticket number for the original issue you mentioned for references, i.e. send us two ticket numbers.

What we can do is pass them, along with your comments, on to the CyberLink customer service.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]

Making us aware of an issue is helpful, but please also submit a support ticket for the new issue and reply here with the ticket number, which we will pass on.

Also send us the ticket number for the original issue you mentioned for references, i.e. send us two ticket numbers.

What we can do is pass them, along with your comments, on to the CyberLink customer service.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Hi
Per your request.

Original Ticket number:- CS001965282 raised on or around the 13-Dec-2018

New Ticket number:- CS001988748 raised on 10-Feb-2019

Thanks and regards
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi
Per your request.

Original Ticket number:- CS001965282 raised on or around the 13-Dec-2018

New Ticket number:- CS001988748 raised on 10-Feb-2019

Thanks and regards

Just to confirm I have removed the Beta patch and installed a modified file, supplied via the new ticket CS001988748, on top of update 2307 and 3D playback is now working well.smile

I have also closed the ticket.
Regards