Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fix/Enhance Stopped working
Paul1444 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 16:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director16 suddenly stopped having any effect on video clips using fix/enhance button.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 13:28

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director16 suddenly stopped having any effect on video clips using fix/enhance button.

...and random newbie suddenly posts without any details

So, if you're looking for help from us fellow users, you could start by giving us a fuller description of what you're trying to do, including screen shots which you can attach by clicking on this button when you reply:

Tell us what else is in your project, which spedific effects seem to have stopped working, and if things are different after saving and closing PD, and maybe after rebooting. Tell us if you have any of the hardware acceleration (like OpenCL) enabled under Preferences.

And most importantly, read the Please Read Before Posting sticky and attach the DxDiag test results and post the exact version of PD you're running.

Odds are that if you can give us these details, we can get you up and running again!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry for being a newbie...I guess we are all new once! Using the program as I always do, edit a couple of videos, adjusting them in the fix/enhancement button. all worked well... exposure, shadow etc. Nothing altered, tried to adjust another clip in fix/enhancement. sliders move but no adjustment in the video. I have saved, restarted program, rebooted, and re installed PD. No change. Which somehow leads me to believe I've done something stupid, don't know what it is. I do not have the CL option checked in the preferences. PD version is 16.0.3424. I have never done a DxDiag test, so I don't know how to do it. I can't think of a screen print that would help, but happy to provide what would help. Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 16:25

Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok, now I know what a DxDiag file is. Here it is. Thank you
 Filename
DxDiag-1.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just in case this would help, two screen shots one before adjustments and one after. As you can see, no change. Thank you
[Thumb - No Adjustments.jpg]
 Filename
No Adjustments.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
362 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - With Adjustments.jpg]
 Filename
With Adjustments.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
359 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 19:58

Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have encountered another interesting problem. When I delete a clip from the time lline and put something else in its place and then play, the system plays the deleted clip, not the new clip. Any thoughts? Screne print attached.
[Thumb - Different Views.jpg]
 Filename
Different Views.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
450 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 19:57

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry for being a newbie...I guess we are all new once!

Yes of course. I was trying to light-heartedly point out that you hadn't given us anything to work with, and thanks very much for taking the time to run the DxDiag test and attach your screenshots.

Based on everything you've posted, it seems to me that the issue is with either shadow files or with leftover temporary files that PD would have created if you ever used the Render Preview tool.

The first thing to try is to go to Preferences (gear icon) then uncheck the Enable shadow files box (if it is currently checked), then save the project and close PD. Reopen it and see if the issue is resolved.

If not (or if you weren't using shadow files) go back to the same screen and click on the Manually Delete button.

You'll see a list of all the temporary files that PD has created, and you'll want to pay close attention to the ones showing a "Yes" in the In use column. You cannot select those while you have the active project open, so close the window and use File, New Project to free them up.

Go back to the Manually Delete screen and click on Select All, then click Delete Selected Files to clear out all temporary files. You will not lose anything important from your project.

If any still show In use and can't be deleted, close PD and then reopen it and see if you can delete them this time. If not, make a note of the file names and folder locations, then use File Explorer to delete the files with PD closed.

Now, open PD with your current project again and see if you're able to make the changes normally.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes of course. I was trying to light-heartedly point out that you hadn't given us anything to work with, and thanks very much for taking the time to run the DxDiag test and attach your screenshots.

Based on everything you've posted, it seems to me that the issue is with either shadow files or with leftover temporary files that PD would have created if you ever used the Render Preview tool.

The first thing to try is to go to Preferences (gear icon) then uncheck the Enable shadow files box (if it is currently checked), then save the project and close PD. Reopen it and see if the issue is resolved.

If not (or if you weren't using shadow files) go back to the same screen and click on the Manually Delete button.

You'll see a list of all the temporary files that PD has created, and you'll want to pay close attention to the ones showing a "Yes" in the In use column. You cannot select those while you have the active project open, so close the window and use File, New Project to free them up.

Go back to the Manually Delete screen and click on Select All, then click Delete Selected Files to clear out all temporary files. You will not lose anything important from your project.

If any still show In use and can't be deleted, close PD and then reopen it and see if you can delete them this time. If not, make a note of the file names and folder locations, then use File Explorer to delete the files with PD closed.

Now, open PD with your current project again and see if you're able to make the changes normally.
Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you. Unfortunately none of that worked. I did try to move the video to track 2 and I could then use Fix/Enhance. Troublling. I always liked PD for its stability, Now I'm a littlle concerned. Also the out of sync situation, between the preview window and timeline also started working in track 2. Then, just for fun, I moved clip back to track 1 and same problems resurfaced. I'm certainly confused

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2019 13:52

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you. Unfortunately none of that worked. I did try to move the video to track 2 and I could then use Fix/Enhance. Troublling. I always liked PD for its stability, Now I'm a littlle concerned. Also the out of sync situation, between the preview window and timeline also started working in track 2. Then, just for fun, I moved clip back to track 1 and same problems resurfaced. I'm certainly confused

That's not anything that I've ever seen. Can you try creating a brand new project and bring in just one clip and try applying some of those edits to it? If that works, you can try adding clips to the new project one at a time and see if you're able to proceed without the problem showing up.

If the problem is specific to the original project and you want help figuring out what might have gone wrong, you can go to File, Pack Project Materials.. and save the entire setup to a cloud folder (like Google Drive, OneDrive) then paste the link here. Please note that the packed project will contain a copy of all of your source clips, so don't do this unless you're comfortable sharing them with people here.

YouTube/optodata

Paul1444 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's not anything that I've ever seen. Can you try creating a brand new project and bring in just one clip and try applying some of those edits to it? If that works, you can try adding clips to the new project one at a time and see if you're able to proceed without the problem showing up.

If the problem is specific to the original project and you want help figuring out what might have gone wrong, you can go to File, Pack Project Materials.. and save the entire setup to a cloud folder (like Google Drive, OneDrive) then paste the link here. Please note that the packed project will contain a copy of all of your source clips, so don't do this unless you're comfortable sharing them with people here.

Thanks so much for your help. It was much appreciated. I split the project, first half on track 1 and the other half on track 2(which allowed me to edit and didn't show the out of sync condition. Where there is a will there is a way. Thanks again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2019 09:19