Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot fast forward/rewind on one part of content.
Tradewind25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2018 07:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a P2G project file containing a disc menu and 4 mp4 files.

I have burnt a BD-R disc and tried it in various Blu-Ray Players, always with the same result. I can fast forward / rewind through any of the first three (relatively short) files. However, when playing the (much longer) final file I am unable to do so. I can play and pause this last piece of content but cannot fast forward.

In P2G, when I Preview my creation, I am able to adjust the playback position to any point, including when viewing this last video file.

Any ideas why I am unable to fast forward / rewind this one piece of content?

Cheers,
Geoff
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
A few questions for you to add information:

What disc format did you burn the files in? Is it a data disc with MP4 files on it, or did you create a Blu-ray Disc that plays in a Blu-ray player.

Second question is what player are you using to play the files? Is it software on a computer or is it a stand alone Blu-ray player?

David
Tradewind25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2018 07:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
[Hi David,

Thanks for your response. To answer your questions:

1. The disc was authored using Power2Go Platinum version 11.0.2330.
My Disc Prefernces are set to: H.264, 1920x1080/24p / PAL format.
I am burning a Blu-ray disc for playing on a Blu-ray player.

2. I have tested the disc on two different standalone Blu-ray players. Both allow me to fast forward any of the first files on the disc but not the fourth. I have also played the disc in PowerDVD 13 on a Windows 10 PC. I got exactly the same results.

FYI: The fourth file is an mp4 file downloaded from Vimeo (with the owners permission!)
Its video is encoded thus:
Format: AVC, 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 24fps (constant)
Bit Rate: 2.53 Mbps

Hope this helps understand the issue.

Geoff
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
First I would try outputting the same troubled video file as a disc folder. Then test the fast forward function again with PowerDVD.

If it still doesn't work, send the video file (or a portion) to CyberLin technical support and have them investigate.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

David