Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing From Cloud in App?
JustAl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2017 01:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The Powerdirector App allows one to export a project to the Cyberlink Cloud. Is the opposite possible? I created a project on the App and moved it to the Cloud. I then imported the project onto my laptop and made some minor changes. I put the updated project back on the Cloud with a new name. Now I would like to work on it some more via the mobile app but there does not appear to be a way to import - ast least that I can find.

Thank you,
Al JustAl
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The Powerdirector App allows one to export a project to the Cyberlink Cloud. Is the opposite possible? I created a project on the App and moved it to the Cloud. I then imported the project onto my laptop and made some minor changes. I put the updated project back on the Cloud with a new name. Now I would like to work on it some more via the mobile app but there does not appear to be a way to import - ast least that I can find.

Thank you,
Al

Hi,
I cannot find a way to import a project back onto the mobile app. I suspect that this is probably not possible because the edited project from the main PDR programme will be a different structure and from a different operating system.

An examination of .pds file and .pdm file structures confirms this difference. I can see no function for exporting a standard .pds file into a .pdm format.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Quote The Powerdirector App allows one to export a project to the Cyberlink Cloud. Is the opposite possible? I created a project on the App and moved it to the Cloud. I then imported the project onto my laptop and made some minor changes. I put the updated project back on the Cloud with a new name. Now I would like to work on it some more via the mobile app but there does not appear to be a way to import - ast least that I can find.

Thank you,
Al

It's an one way, since PC version has much more features than the app, it cannot handle PC version's project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2019 21:17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
JustAl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2017 01:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

It's an one way, since PC version has much more features than the app, it cannot handle PC version's project.

Thank you for the research. Too bad there is not a way to use the PC version to save a project that is compatable with the mobile version (e.g. Save As... with a mobile-compatable version as an option).

Along similar lines, no import also means I can't work on a project from more than one Android device utilizing the cloud. For example, use a phone to do some work, save the project to the cloud and then bring the project down to a tablet to continue the work.

Maybe a feature for the future.

Regards,
Al JustAl