Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens Profile for GoPro HERO7 Black?
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Has CyberLink released a profile for the GoPro HERO7 Black? I've searched and can't find it.

I'm not that familiar with Lens Corrections, and Lens Profiles yet. I see the latest model with a profile is HERO6.

Would they be the same, or is there any word on the newer profiles? I'm editing underwater photos.

Thank you smile DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Has CyberLink released a profile for the GoPro HERO7 Black? I've searched and can't find it.

I'm not that familiar with Lens Corrections, and Lens Profiles yet. I see the latest model with a profile is HERO6.

Would they be the same, or is there any word on the newer profiles? I'm editing underwater photos.

Thank you smile

Without knowing whether that specific lens profile is available, it's very easy to simply try each lens and profile out and see how it looks. It's best if you have an image that clearly shows the fisheye (or whichever) distortion you're looking to correct, then it'll be pretty easy to see if any of the existing profiles will work.

There is also a slider to tweak that particular distortion, which is likely to have the biggest impact.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]

Without knowing whether that specific lens profile is available, it's very easy to simply try each lens and profile out and see how it looks. It's best if you have an image that clearly shows the fisheye (or whichever) distortion you're looking to correct, then it'll be pretty easy to see if any of the existing profiles will work.

There is also a slider to tweak that particular distortion, which is likely to have the biggest impact.

I will do that, thank you. I guess it all goes back to... whatever makes it look the way I want it to look, right? DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I will do that, thank you. I guess it all goes back to... whatever makes it look the way I want it to look, right?

Right! You're the photographer/artist here, so you get to decide when it looks just right cool

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°