Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please Help, It's Driving Me Nuts!
Larry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2009 22:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PD6 for the past 3 months. It has always worked flawlessly for that period. I love it! Suddenly last week while rendering movies (sometimes during editing) , this error message would pop up:"Media Source Error Front End Graph Streaming Error Occured".

I contacted customer support and they got back to me in less than 24 hours *****! They advised me to Remove and re-install PD6 (Done it 3 times), change my screen resolution, update my drivers and make sure that I have Direct X 9 installed. I even sent them a DxDiag file.
I done everything and I still cannot render a movie, same error message.

Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Larry -

You probably uninstalled using the regular windows uninstaller... this leaves bits behind. If this looks like a pre-recorded message, it is! You can use the search button to get information in this forum.

To COMPLETELY uninstall, you need to use Windows Install Clean Up - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) - then restart & reinstall it.

This will remove unnecessary registry files, which the regular windows uninsaller won't.

Cheers - Tony

Here are Dafydd's innstructions for "Uninstall and reinstall of PowerDirector"

A re-installation of your software can resolve usage problems.

I. Reboot PC.

Before carrying out part II please ensure you have ...... Go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Select "Show hidden files and folders"

II. Install Microsoft cleanup tool and clean PowerDirector installation information Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select
PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.
Microsoft cleanup tool: PART P

III. Remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry
Please try the following steps.
1. Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector folder
2. Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} folder
3. Run regedit (Start --> Run --> type "regedit" )
(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector
(2) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(3) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(4) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} [b]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2009 04:51

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Larry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2009 22:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Tony. I'll get on it.