Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I use power director 17 subscription plan on two pc?
sunnyrose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2019 02:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
can i use power director 17 subscription plan on two pc?

i wonder if installed two computer and use only at one.

some time i change pc.

or, subscription plan are only 1pc install and use?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2019 04:14

[Post New]
Yes you can.

Official FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/purchase-faq-content.do?id=23968
Phil Cook [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2018 16:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
No you can't! I asked Cyberlink support this question before I bought Power Director 365 and they told me I would need a license for each PC. The FAQ is ambiguous in that it says "ex. Power Director ..." which apparently means "EXCLUDING Power Director ..."
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No you can't! I asked Cyberlink support this question before I bought Power Director 365 and they told me I would need a license for each PC. The FAQ is ambiguous in that it says "ex. Power Director ..." which apparently means "EXCLUDING Power Director ..."

Sounds like the rep was misinformed. The FAQs clearly say it's allowed, and I have 365 installed on a desktop and Surface Pro 3 and there is absolutely no conflict.

At one point I had to do a motherboard replacement on my desktop with a clean Win10 install, and I was also doing a clean install on my SP3 and somewhere in there it looked like I had installed 365 on 3 machines (as seen from PD's servers). I got a message that my license's "hard limit" had been exceeded when I tried to install it a "4th" time.

I backup up both systems, restored them to the previous system images and uninstalled 365 on both of them. After I restored the new system images, I got no more license warnings.

So you are definitely allowed to install 365 on 2 machines, and likely 3 are allowed AS LONG AS you're the only person using them, and that should be one at a time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2019 12:27

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No you can't! I asked Cyberlink support this question before I bought Power Director 365 and they told me I would need a license for each PC. The FAQ is ambiguous in that it says "ex. Power Director ..." which apparently means "EXCLUDING Power Director ..."

The FAQ is correct, it can be installed on more than one computer, but can only be used by one of those computers at a time. The "ex." means "example".

Please share your customer support ticket number and we will pass it on to the CS team to look into it.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
dave_van_damn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 02:32 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]

The FAQ is correct, it can be installed on more than one computer, but can only be used by one of those computers at a time. The "ex." means "example".

Please share your customer support ticket number and we will pass it on to the CS team to look into it.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

What about the physical (DVD) release of PD 17? Can it also be installed and used on 2 computers (using only 1 at a time)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2019 10:16

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

What about the physical (DVD) release of PD 17? Can it also be installed and used on 2 computers (using only 1 at a time)?

No it cannot. The license of the perpetual version is for the installation on one computer only.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator