Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop/Zoom Hot Key
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
PD16
I have many short video clips that I want to crop/zoom to the same settings. Is there a way to do this once as a group? (I can't produce the group first because the clips are interspersed with others that will not be cropped).
Failing this, is there a way to put the crop/zoom edit window on a hotkey - I did not see it listed in EDIT / KEYBOARD HOTKEYS.
Right now for each clip I have to press the TOOLS button, check CROP & ZOOM then press the CROP ZOOM button - very tedious.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2019 11:07

Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD16
I have many short video clips that I want to crop/zoom to the same settings. Is there a way to do this once as a group? (I can't produce the group first because the clips are interspersed with others that will not be cropped).
Failing this, is there a way to put the crop/zoom edit window on a hotkey - I did not see it listed in EDIT / KEYBOARD HOTKEYS.
Right now for each clip I have to press the TOOLS button, check CROP & ZOOM then press the CROP ZOOM button - very tedious.

I don't see any way of doing that with the C/Z/P tool other than what you're already doing.

There is a much faster approach, but it requires that all clips be identical in terms of where the effect starts and ends relative to the start of the clip. Meaning, as long as every clip will have the effect start at the beginning, or say 3.2 seconds from the beginning, you can use this method. The clips can be of any length.

Instead of using the C/Z/P tool, open the first clip in the PiP designer and use keyframes and either the image handles or the number settings boxes to create the C/Z/P look you want.

Save the clip, and then right-click on it on the main timeline and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes. Now, you can click on or select as many clips as you want and use Paste Keyframe Attributes to apply the effect to all of them in one shot. If you want to select specific clips on the timeline and not others, hold down the Ctrl key when clicking on the desired ones.

BTW you can't use this technique with clips modified by the C/Z/P tool because it doesn't store the changes in keyframes.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]

I don't see any way of doing that with the C/Z/P tool other than what you're already doing.

There is a much faster approach, but it requires that all clips be identical in terms of where the effect starts and ends relative to the start of the clip. Meaning, as long as every clip will have the effect start at the beginning, or say 3.2 seconds from the beginning, you can use this method. The clips can be of any length.

Instead of using the C/Z/P tool, open the first clip in the PiP designer and use keyframes and either the image handles or the number settings boxes to create the C/Z/P look you want.

Save the clip, and then right-click on it on the main timeline and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes. Now, you can click on or select as many clips as you want and use Paste Keyframe Attributes to apply the effect to all of them in one shot. If you want to select specific clips on the timeline and not others, hold down the Ctrl key when clicking on the desired ones.

BTW you can't use this technique with clips modified by the C/Z/P tool because it doesn't store the changes in keyframes.

Thanks very much, this is exactly what I was trying to do Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9