Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Repeated BSOD in PD17 (suspect Nvidia drivers)
K6CCC - Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2020 13:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I happened onto this thread while searching for forum topics about repeated BSOD.

I am a very new PD user - having installed PD18 on this comptuer about a month ago. Have not had much time to do much with it until recently and have had several BSOD events. Reading this forum topic very closely matches what I am seeing - except that I am on PD18. I will be checking on the video drivers shortly, but wanted to get this started here as it is obvious that there are people here who know FAR more than I do about this troubleshooting. I also have read enough to know that you need my information, so attachements included. Every time it has crashed, the BSOD screen has shown the same error information.
This is a high end Dell gaming desktop with 16GB of RAM and Windows 10 Pro.
The last time it crashed, I had opened PD18 so I could get the screen capture of teh About screen. When I started PD18, it said it found a previous session that it could attempt to recover (the the previous crash last night). After it recovered it, I saved the session with a new filename and it crashed during the save.

jim
[Thumb - About_PowerDirector.png]
 Filename
About_PowerDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
About PD18
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - BSOD_2020-08-07.jpg]
 Filename
BSOD_2020-08-07.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
BSOD screen
 Filesize
365 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag-2020-08-07a.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag from this morning
 Filesize
177 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
266 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
K6CCC - Jim - This recent post may help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83038.page .

You may want to start a New Topic post for more help.
K6CCC - Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote K6CCC - Jim - This recent post may help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83038.page .

You may want to start a New Topic post for more help.

Thanks tomasc. I had done a search for BSOD and this was the only thing that popped up, and the the crash description exactly matched what I was seeing - hence the reason that I posted here.

Since I posted my original message, I have updated the video driver to 451.67 - latest downloaded from Nvidia. I will uncheck the Hardware accelleration option and see if that helps...

Jim
K6CCC - Jim [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks tomasc. I had done a search for BSOD and this was the only thing that popped up, and the the crash description exactly matched what I was seeing - hence the reason that I posted here.

Since I posted my original message, I have updated the video driver to 451.67 - latest downloaded from Nvidia. I will uncheck the Hardware accelleration option and see if that helps...

Jim

Well, an update. After the video driver update and unchecking Hardware accesseration, I spent a couple hours editing this afternoon and it ran perfectly. so that may well have been it.

Thanks to this thread...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the feedback. Glad that the new drivers fixed the problem.