Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie Audio becomes Time Skewed in the production process.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think it's important to note that there has been some significant, if unintentional, miscommunication in this thread.

The issue of audio sync and video glitches occurred before OP added the GTX 1060 card, and when this thread was started he had not yet tried producing any videos with the new setup. In addition, the posted DxDiag posted Jan 18 is of the new configuration, not the one that had caused the original issue.

Through PMs and cloud folder sharing, I have seen that OP has recently been able to produce clean, perfectly synced video with his upgraded system (even when using HW producing), so it seems clear to me that whatever was causing the original issue was resolved by upgrading the video card and driver.

At this point, I don't see any need to use Handbrake or alter the workflow or upgrade to PD17, since both 16 and 17 are able to produce high quality finished clips directly from the source clips.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Mocchi [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia, United States Joined: Mar 25, 2017 23:38 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All:

There was no attempt to mislead anyone here and the Problem still persists exactly as explained in the begining.
Optodata has all of the files from the latest production, in file S01E02 Coverup the audio drifts so far that at a point where I made a cut the audio from the original video is playing where there is blank screen. If anyone can help I can share the files.
Thank You Mocchi Thank You, Michael
Mocchi [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia, United States Joined: Mar 25, 2017 23:38 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I was looking at the MediaInfo for one of the source video files and I noticed a few things.
There is 12 seperate audio tracks, I don't know why and they all appear to be the same.
The Video frame rate is 59.4 and the audio frame rate is 46.875 (1024 spf) on the surface this seems odd to me but I never dug deep into file info like this before.
Also in the MediaInfo this is stated in all of the audio file descriptions.
Delay relative to video : 9 ms again this seems odd to me but maybe it is normal.
All help would be appreciated.
I am attaching the text export of the MediaInfo
Thanks Mocchi
 Filename
Recording_2018-12-03_19-40-20_0007.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo of a source file that produces skewed audio
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
180 time(s)
Thank You, Michael
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Every computer can be different. One user solved the problem. Try his method: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78472.page . Try handbrake too if you want. Nothing can help unless suggestions are tried and implemented.
Mocchi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello: I am working on converting the original video file with handbrake and others to MKV format and then editing in PD 16. I will post the results when I am finished with the experiment.
Thanks Thank You, Michael
Mocchi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Every computer can be different. One user solved the problem. Try his method: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78472.page . Try handbrake too if you want. Nothing can help unless suggestions are tried and implemented.

tomasc: I am not using VLC for playback when I see the problem I am having so I believe the above thread would not apply to me.
Mocchi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update: with one of the videos that I edited with PD 16 and the end result was audio would be out of sync I took the original video and I ran it through Handbrake first. The original video in this case was a .TS format, I made it a MKV with a h.264 codec in handbrake. Then I made the same edits in PD 16 on the new handbrake video and the for this first experiemnt the audio is in sync. There is not some small audio skips, where the audio blanks out just for a fraction of a second. This can be seen in the handbrake recoded video and I am guessing that PD 16 just passed this through.
Anyone else seen this? Anyone know if there is a better fix? I will be working on more videos in the near future.
Thanks Mocchi Thank You, Michael
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Update: with one of the videos that I edited with PD 16 and the end result was audio would be out of sync I took the original video and I ran it through Handbrake first. The original video in this case was a .TS format, I made it a MKV with a h.264 codec in handbrake. Then I made the same edits in PD 16 on the new handbrake video and the for this first experiemnt the audio is in sync. There is not some small audio skips, where the audio blanks out just for a fraction of a second. This can be seen in the handbrake recoded video and I am guessing that PD 16 just passed this through.
Anyone else seen this? Anyone know if there is a better fix? I will be working on more videos in the near future.
Thanks Mocchi

I don't think anyone else can duplicate what's happening on your end. I've been really busy but I had time to try out a few things. Briefly:

Like you, I was surprised to see 12 identical clips in the media library after importing your original .ts file. I've never worked with .ts files so I don't know if this is normal or a problem. There are 12 separate audio tracks in your source clip so PD is apparently showing all 12 as separate clips, even though the audio on all clips is actually identical.

As I said in my PMs, I used your project to produce an mkv file and there were no audio sync issues. There is a slight video anomaly @ 6:10 in the second produced that you shared (The Cover-up), and that's where the audio starts going out of sync. In the original TS recording, there are no issues at that location, but in my produced version, there is a single audio glitch. It doesn't carry forward or cause any sync issues, but it's not in the original recording or in your produced version and I don't know why it's there. I tried a couple different producing options but the glitch was there every time.

I'm pretty much out of ideas, so if handbrake is working then I think you should just go with that. If you have issues down the road, see if you can change the recorder settings to give you a different output beside .ts

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Mocchi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello:
I am considering changing my recorder setup due to this issue.