Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you do this in PD?
[Post New]
Me again. I want to be able to do something like this

You only need to watch the first 5 seconds to know what I'm talking about. Can it be done?
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Me again. I want to be able to do something like this

You only need to watch the first 5 seconds to know what I'm talking about. Can it be done?

Drop video in timeline
Click on video
Click tools
click power tools
click crop zoom effect

click on the timeline a little over to the right and select add keyframe and them grab the box and shrink it down. The close the keyframe the faster the further away the slower.

Now you just need to work out the transition between videos which could be many things. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
[Post New]

Drop video in timeline
Click on video
Click tools
click power tools
click crop zoom effect

click on the timeline a little over to the right and select add keyframe and them grab the box and shrink it down. The close the keyframe the faster the further away the slower.

Now you just need to work out the transition between videos which could be many things.

I'm sure I can do that but is there already a transition that will help me do it quickly?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Cross.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm sure I can do that but is there already a transition that will help me do it quickly?

The short answer is "no," which is actually the same answer if you were using Premier Pro. That 7 min video is the guy showing you how to make that transition yourself because it doesn't exist in PP either.

There are a couple of PD transitions that are similar, but none end instantly with the second clip full screen. The two Zoom In/Out transition are close, and so is Cross as tomasc pointed out, but if you want the same effect as is shown in the video, you'll need to make that yourself.

There are lots of tranistions available on the DirectorZone website, but none of the "zoom" search results are what you're looking for, though.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

The short answer is "no," which is actually the same answer if you were using Premier Pro. That 7 min video is the guy showing you how to make that transition yourself because it doesn't exist in PP either.

There are a couple of PD transitions that are similar, but none end instantly with the second clip full screen. The two Zoom In/Out transition are close, and so is Cross as tomasc pointed out, but if you want the same effect as is shown in the video, you'll need to make that yourself.

There are lots of tranistions available on the DirectorZone website, but none of the "zoom" search results are what you're looking for, though.

Right I hear you. Thank you
[Post New]
Quote Cross.

Thanks