Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to blur out surroundings and only show one subject in an image in PD17 slideshow
Kural69 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Jul 17, 2017 13:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am going to create a slideshow in PD17. I have an image of a group of people. I want to show ONE person with some kind of a circular glow around him/her and blur out all others in the picture.

This way I am highlighting one individual in a group picture.

Can you pls point me to a tutorial or any tips on how to do this ?

Thanks in advance
Syed
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
If you building the slideshow on the timeline directly, you can go to the Effects Room and then use the Blur effect to do exactly what you explained.

After adding the blur on the image, select it in the timeline and then click modify. In there you can make the blur circular, adjust its position, and then invert it to blur around the circle you created.

Dave
Kural69 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Jul 17, 2017 13:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Dave,
Thank you. It worked just like you described.

I was tinkering around and tried it in a different way just to understand how this worked.

Here is what I did:

1. Select the Image in Timeline.

2. Designer - Mask Designer, then pick a circular mask around the subject, use Feather radius.

3. Then play with the key frame position and control the Opacity level I need.

So the image will show with full Opacity, then the Mask will kick in and the new Opacity level will fade out the surroundings.

Thanks again for your easy step suggestions.

Syed