Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PHD 10; Max number of pics to import
[Post New]
Photodirector 10. Have a timelapse that will be shot on a Canon 5DIV in raw. Will end up being about 1000 individual stills. Wondering if I can import them all, do an initial color correction, etc. on the first; apply to all; then export as JPEGS. Tried some tests with a series of RAW and JPEG files and when importing the folder (it has 999 images in it) I get an import screen with caution "triangles" where the thubnails are suposed to be. Can import one or two. Is there an upper limit on how many images can be inported into PHD at a time? Can I even use it as I am planning? Yes, I COULD import the RAW pics into Powerdirector, but it cnanges them to JPEGS upon importation thus negating any benifit of shooting in RAW.
[Post New]
Hello Michael,

To my knowledge/recollection there is no maximum number of photos that can be imported. Just now, I imported a folder containing many sub-folders. The total number of photos was 5415.

Could you please post a screenshot showing the triangle alert symbol? That usually means the photos are "missing" - moved, renamed or disconnected.

PhD does not convert your RAW files to JPG. What leads you to think that?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Michael,

To my knowledge/recollection there is no maximum number of photos that can be imported. Just now, I imported a folder containing many sub-folders. The total number of photos was 5415.

Could you please post a screenshot showing the triangle alert symbol? That usually means the photos are "missing" - moved, renamed or disconnected.

PhD does not convert your RAW files to JPG. What leads you to think that?

PIX

I'll see if I can post a screenshot. BTW, its PowerDIRECTOR that does the RAW to JPEG conversion automatically....
[Post New]
Oops! embarassed I must try to read more carefully. My apologies.

So you’d prefer to edit your RAW files in PhD - export them as JPG before producing the time lapse video? In any case, each image will be compressed during video production.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Yeah, the general idea is to capture a hyperlapse (motion controlled timelapse) using a 5DIV shooting RAW under apature priority to compensate for varying light, then dump the whole sting of RAW photos into PHD. Then color correct and calean up the first one, and hopefully apply that same setting to all the rest auutomatically. Render the entire mess as a bunch of 3840 × 2160 jpegs, then stuff it into Powerdirector to render a timelapse which would then be downscaled during rendering to 1080. Well, that's the plan. No way around compression but the downscaling throughout should pull off a pretty clean sequence. When I tried importing another folder that had about 1500 JPEG images into PHD, it did it! There must be something with the first test folder... now I'm not able to repeate the initial problem. I'll do a test sequence of the above in my backyard this weekend and see if I can theoretically pull it off, but now it seems like it may be workable.