Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1,deleting project once produced 2,DVD question
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I am working on a big project with lots of different parts to be joined for completion
After losing time consuming projects in the past I have become a bit paranoid, I think, with loads of backups now on my work,.

1, Can I safely delete projects once produced and am I right to believe I can then keep these productions in a seperate folder from project folder without losing them?

2, Once completed for one of the copies I need to put this on to dvd,but in two seperate parts. Do I need to add chapters 1 and 2 so as to play the dvd at the chosen viewing point?

Thanks
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Irenej

It depends... is the answer to your question 1. What do you mean with deleting projects? Do you mean:

• deleting the SOURCE files of your project? I would not do that, if you have enough disk space I would save the roiginals for later. But YES you can delete your source files, that does not effect the resulting / produced file (dont accidenttely delete that one:

• deleting the project file from PDR? There project files are very small, and same as above, maybe you you would want to do a remake... But YES you can delete the project file. It does not touch the source files and does not harm the produced file.

• deleting the result / production files? I assume that these were the reason for making the project, so that do not make sense.

The option you have of course is to collect the project materials (everything in the media room and stuff you used to make the production) and store it into a folder needly together. Open the File menu and press pack project materials. You can set the resulting folder aside or copy it to an external disk.... and then you can delete the project.

In question 2 I think you mean that you want two separate entries on your DVD, so that you can select the chapters or sections or items? Yes to indicate where the start of chapters is on your timeline, is one way of doing that. The other way would be to produce the two chapters separately and import these into your disk.

Hope that helps.
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your reply., Sorry coming back to you so late , just taken a short break away.
Thanks for the reassurance on deleting projects once they have been produced.
I was not able to birn my 2 sections of movie to DVD as the movie became too big.
It was put on a USB which required reformatting to enable me to do so..Anyway got there in the end.
Once again a big thanks, I am so grateful for help on this forum