Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
mp4 videos no longer uploading to wordpress
folly1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 23:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have been uploading mp4 from powerdirector 16 to wordpress all Fall (new user of cyberlink) but suddenly today the mp4 is not accepted by wordpress even thought I am using the same settings. It calls it a security reason. I updated my power 16, but no luck. It will take avi files, but they are much larger. An older mp4 video produced in another program uploaded fine. None of my current powerdirector 16 mp4 files will work at this time to go into wordpress. I can't understand it. Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have been uploading mp4 from powerdirector 16 to wordpress all Fall (new user of cyberlink) but suddenly today the mp4 is not accepted by wordpress even thought I am using the same settings. It calls it a security reason. I updated my power 16, but no luck. It will take avi files, but they are much larger. An older mp4 video produced in another program uploaded fine. None of my current powerdirector 16 mp4 files will work at this time to go into wordpress. I can't understand it. Thanks.

Sounds like you may want to contact someone at Wordpress and provide them with a PD-produced MP4 video that was originally accepted but that is rejected now.

According to this support page, they also accept WMV, which is a format that PD can produce to. The video files are similar in size to MP4s, but WMVs will probably take longer to produce, especially since hardware acceleration is not available for that format. Still, it may allow you to upload content while you sort out the MP4 issue.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have been uploading mp4 from powerdirector 16 to wordpress all Fall (new user of cyberlink) but suddenly today the mp4 is not accepted by wordpress even thought I am using the same settings. It calls it a security reason. I updated my power 16, but no luck. It will take avi files, but they are much larger. An older mp4 video produced in another program uploaded fine. None of my current powerdirector 16 mp4 files will work at this time to go into wordpress. I can't understand it. Thanks.

Hi,
Can you post more info about your .mp4 profile, or ideally a short sample, that is causing the issue, then it can be tested by members.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sounds like you may want to contact someone at Wordpress and provide them with a PD-produced MP4 video that was originally accepted but that is rejected now.

According to this support page, they also accept WMV, which is a format that PD can produce to. The video files are similar in size to MP4s, but WMVs will probably take longer to produce, especially since hardware acceleration is not available for that format. Still, it may allow you to upload content while you sort out the MP4 issue.

Reply: Thank you that is a good idea, I will send them a link to a previously accepted video. I tried XAVCS option for mp4 and this worked for my upload to wordpress. It is larger than the options offered under H264 and H265, but it works. I appreciate quick response from the community.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Can you post more info about your .mp4 profile, or ideally a short sample, that is causing the issue, then it can be tested by members.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Reply:
I have been using a couple of the presets in H265 for small compact video: the 640 x 380/30P 5mps; the 1280 x 720/30P (7mps); and for producing higher quality: 1920 x 1080/30p (11mps)

Am I understanding correctly the 30p after the size designation is the frame rate? My videos are in 16:9, a lot of stills that I apply motion to and some footage both SD and HD. I have been editing in an older Final cut for many years and am still getting used to Cyberlink. Many features are splendid.

Do you have suggestions on best website size? Best format to keep as a masterfile? As I said Cyberlink is new to me. I appreciate the forum's quick response. Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2019 23:04

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Reply:
I have been using a couple of the presets in H265 for small compact video: the 640 x 380/30P 5mps; the 1280 x 720/30P (7mps); and for producing higher quality: 1920 x 1080/30p (11mps)

Am I understanding correctly the 30p after the size designation is the frame rate? My videos are in 16:9, a lot of stills that I apply motion to and some footage both SD and HD. I have been editing in an older Final cut for many years and am still getting used to Cyberlink. Many features are splendid.

Do you have suggestions on best website size? Best format to keep as a masterfile? As I said Cyberlink is new to me. I appreciate the forum's quick response. Thank you.

Please try using the h.264 profiles instead, and see if that uploads without problems.

I have done a brief test with PDR16 3424 and WP 5.0.3 and I can get h.265 640x480 to upload but with audio playing only. The same profile in h.264 uploads and plays fine.

I'll do more testing later, but it would be good if you could confirm the same position.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please try using the h.264 profiles instead, and see if that uploads without problems.

I have done a brief test with PDR16 3424 and WP 5.0.3 and I can get h.265 640x480 to upload but with audio playing only. The same profile in h.264 uploads and plays fine.

I'll do more testing later, but it would be good if you could confirm the same position.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Reply: Thank you. I tried using the h.264 files at the 640x480 30p and it didn't work. However I confirmed again that the mp4 created with xavcs does work. I am still mystified, but at least I can load mp4 files. I have NTSC set for 30 but my camera is using 24fps do you think that is it? Should I try the 24? I don't have issues producing the files just uploading them to Wordpress. Many thanks for your assistance. I am confirming I am using most up to date PD16.
[Post New]

Reply: Thank you. I tried using the h.264 files at the 640x480 30p and it didn't work. However I confirmed again that the mp4 created with xavcs does work. I am still mystified, but at least I can load mp4 files. I have NTSC set for 30 but my camera is using 24fps do you think that is it? Should I try the 24? I don't have issues producing the files just uploading them to Wordpress. Many thanks for your assistance. I am confirming I am using most up to date PD16.

OK, can you post a screenshot of the security message when you try uploading to WP?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, here it is. Very simple.
However as I said the xascs version of mp4 seems to work as well as the larger avi format.
Thanks for your help.
[Thumb - screenshotWP.PNG]
 Filename
screenshotWP.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)