Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which version of Screen Recorder comes with...
davemon50 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2019 20:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of Screen Recorder comes with Director Suite 365?

I think it comes with version 2? But there is a version 4 now. Not sure why a subscription software which keeps all your software up to date would come with software two versions old, but does it actually come with Screen Recorder 4? I want to update and can't find the answer anywhere.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2019 16:39

Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this comparison list. Screen Recorder 2 is supplied: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html . The SC4 page list it as $49.99 to upgrade: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/features_en_US.html .
davemon50 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks, I appreciate the response!

When I click the upgrade button it changes the price to $34.99. I actually like Recorder 2 from my existing suite but just wanted to upgrade it for the new features along with the other utilities. It's a shame it's 35 bucks to get the late version when they already throw in an earlier one at no extra cost. Doesn't seem to add up.

I must be blind, but I also can't find how many computers I can install it on. I can install the suite on more than one as long as I only use it once at a time. Doesn't say anything at all about Screen Recorder. So if I upgrade to version 4 does that mean I have to buy multiple upgrade copies for my multiple computers?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2019 21:13

Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...I actually like Recorder 2 from my existing suite but just wanted to upgrade it for the new features along with the other utilities. It's a shame it's 35 bucks to get the late version when they already throw in an earlier one at no extra cost. Doesn't seem to add up.

ScreenRecorder 4 is actually FREE software, it's just the features marked (Premium) that you have to pay for after the 30-day trial period.

Quote I must be blind, but I also can't find how many computers I can install it on. I can install the suite on more than one as long as I only use it once at a time. Doesn't say anything at all about Screen Recorder. So if I upgrade to version 4 does that mean I have to buy multiple upgrade copies for my multiple computers?

You're not blind, but I'm afraid that you'll need to read the full EULA.

I did, and there seems to be some seriously circular logic: they state that the individual consumer is bound by the general terms, and the general terms state that the number of computers you can install on is defined by the number of licenses you own, but nowhere that I could see is there a definition of the actual number allowed per license.

The closest thing I saw was that you're limited to a single backup copy (nothing at all about installed copies), and a backup copy implies that it has to be nonfunctional.

Maybe you should contact Cyberlink customer service and see if they can provide you with a clearer answer. Please post back here so other people will know, too!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
davemon50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ...
I did, and there seems to be some seriously circular logic: they state that the individual consumer is bound by the general terms, and the general terms state that the number of computers you can install on is defined by the number of licenses you own, but nowhere that I could see is there a definition of the actual number allowed per license.

The closest thing I saw was that you're limited to a single backup copy (nothing at all about installed copies), and a backup copy implies that it has to be nonfunctional.

Maybe you should contact Cyberlink customer service and see if they can provide you with a clearer answer. Please post back here so other people will know, too!

It's funny, I read it like you did and came to the same conclusion. I will probably call Customer Service since I want to upgrade to the Suite 365 and have the full functionality of Screen Recorder 4. Probably just have to subscribe to the suite and then pay the extra 35 dollars to get the full Recorder 4. I will post back after I get this figured out. Thanks for the replies.