Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Batch Produce Question
LLOYD1985 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 21:32 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PowerDirector and I've just purchased PowerDirector 17 365. I seem to get the idea of the software but the one thing I can't seem to work out is whether it's possible to create multiple videos and then Produce them all at once.

Any help would be appreciated.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm new to PowerDirector and I've just purchased PowerDirector 17 365. I seem to get the idea of the software but the one thing I can't seem to work out is whether it's possible to create multiple videos and then Produce them all at once.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is a feature called Batch Produce that does exactly that. It's under the File menu and allows you to load a large number of projects and produce them all at one time.

Please note that there is currently a bug in PD17 where all project audio tracks are enabled, even if you have specifically deactived some in your projects. This post has more details. If you are running the stand-alone version of PD (not the subscription one), there is a new beta patch that solves this problem. The official patch (which will also be available for subscribers) is expected soon.

Assuming that your projects are simple and won't be impacted by the bug (or that you're able to install the beta patch), one timesaving step is mentioned by Warry here, which allows you to set the desired output profile once for all the projects. Otherwise you'll need to set them one at a time.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
LLOYD1985 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2011 21:32 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]

There is a feature called Batch Produce that does exactly that. It's under the File menu and allows you to load a large number of projects and produce them all at one time.

Please note that there is currently a bug in PD17 where all project audio tracks are enabled, even if you have specifically deactived some in your projects. This post has more details. If you are running the stand-alone version of PD (not the subscription one), there is a new beta patch that solves this problem. The official patch (which will also be available for subscribers) is expected soon.

Assuming that your projects are simple and won't be impacted by the bug (or that you're able to install the beta patch), one timesaving step is mentioned by Warry here, which allows you to set the desired output profile once for all the projects. Otherwise you'll need to set them one at a time.

Thank you for your response, so if I understand you correctly to batch produce videos I will first have to create a video, save it and then work on another video, load saved videos and it will then produce them all.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for your response, so if I understand you correctly to batch produce videos I will first have to create a video, save it and then work on another video, load saved videos and it will then produce them all.

No, that's not what happens, but maybe you and I are using different words.

Normally, you start a new project, make all the edits, and then produce it. "Producing" (aka rendering) is the PD term for turning all of the editing changes you've made with PD into a finished video. Saving the PD project means you've saved all the edits for later, but saving does NOT create the finished video.

Batch Produce is a timesaving way of producing several projects at one time. You will need to have completed the editing in each project first, but since some projects may take a long time to produce, the Batch Produce feature will let you queue them all up and have your computer produce them overnight, for example.

If that isn't what you're looking for, please add more info. Since you're new to PD, it may help to watch some of the many tutorials available. This link is a good place to start.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
This tutorial may help.

--Jim