Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[PDR17] GM4 2509 Beta Patch Now Available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink has released a Beta Patch for PowerDirector 17 for testing, which will update your PowerDirector to v2509. Please keep in mind that it is a beta version of the next GM release, and only install if you are willing to assist in the beta testing of this version.

Note: this patch is NOT for the subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.

Downloader URL:
http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TIRUTIZCQR4W/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Release notes:
Latest Fixes
- Improves the audio compatibility for videos with linear PCM and FLAC audio.
- Improves the compatibility for combined MP4 videos.
- Improves the compatibility for shadow file creation.
- Fixes the issue that disabled audio tracks are not muted when using Batch Produce and Create Disc.
- Fixes the issue that timeline markers offset when the project is inserted as a nested project.
- Fixes the issue that packed projects don’t include the Geometric transition.
- Fixes the issue that timeline preview shows incorrect frame when dragging the edges to trim a video on the timeline.
- Removes the unnecessary “Power Tool” from the tool tip of “i” icon on the rotated video/image.
- Other UX improvements.

Fixes From Previous Beta Patch
- Adds an option in Preferences to set default insert project behavior.
- Improves the audio compatibility for specific MKV and DV-AVI videos.
- Improves the preview quality when seeking with hardware video decoder.
- Improves the compatibility when previewing HEVC with AMD hardware video decoder.
- Improves the video quality when producing with Intel Quick Sync Video hardware encoder.
- Improves the compatibility when producing HEVC with NVIDIA hardware encoder.
- Improves the program stability when entering Produce and Create Disc page.
- Changes the fill type from “Texture” to “Image” to fit imported image to the title bounding box.
- Fixes the issue that the program sometimes crashes when producing 3D video with a title that has backdrop enabled.
- Fixes the issue that the production stalls with hardware encoder and trimmed source videos.
- Fixes the issue that the production stalls with SVRT enabled and specific source videos.
- Fixes the issue that the preview becomes black when applying multiple video effects with OpenCL acceleration.
- Fixes the issue that the program sometimes crashes when deleting title text with special effects on the timeline preview.
- Fixes the issue that the color of title backdrop with 2 color gradient looks different at various zoom ratios.
- Fixes the issue that font preview in the Title Designer is truncated for some fonts.
- Fixes the issue that the color of the preview in the PiP Designer becomes incorrect if blending mode is changed.
- Fixes the issue that the color of the timeline preview becomes incorrect if switching between color matched/chroma keyed clips and others.
- Fixes the issue that the program sometimes pops up incorrect disk space is insufficient message when capturing from a webcam with specific profile.
- Fixes the issue that the video speed adjustment is gone in Render Preview video.
- Fixes the issue that the emit rate will be reset after disabling 3D depth in Particle Designer.
- Fixes the issue that program sometimes will not close after using the Slideshow Creator.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2019 05:07

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BetoValle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2013 11:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
hi, when will this version be patched? can they incorporate additional items into those "beta" releases? or you rule this out?
thanks
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
The GM 4 patch for PowerDirector should be out before the end of the month. It will have additional bug fixes from what are listed here.

If you have found what you think is a bug, please submit it here and then share your ticket number. Any fix for it would be available in a future release.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BetoValle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2013 11:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
they could also disclose the road map / thanks!
[Post New]
Quote The GM 4 patch for PowerDirector should be out before the end of the month. It will have additional bug fixes from what are listed here.

PowerDirector GM4 was released for 365 subscribers yesterday, but we've been informed that the patch update version for perpetual versions will be delayed until after the Chinese New Year. This is because testing takes longer for patching (365 version is a different/full build) and was too risky before CL RD/QA go on an extended break. In the meantime, perpetual users can install this beta patch to get most of the GM4 updates.

For GM4, the additional bug fixes added are:

- Fixes the issue that the density value of the Fire and LED sign effects and results are opposite in Title Designer.
- Fixes the issue that imported backdrop images in the Title Designer are not included in packed projects.
- Fixes the issue that Theme Designer templates with masks are not included in packed projects.
- Fixes the issue that volume adjustments are not included in a rendered preview.
- Fixes the issue that program sometimes crashes when double-clicking on the OK button in the Snapshot dialog of the Theme Designer.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector GM4 was released for 365 subscribers yesterday,
For GM4, the additional bug fixes added are ...

So the complete list of changes in 365 17.0.2514.2/GM4 is your latest list plus everything shown in the top post here?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

So the complete list of changes in 365 17.0.2514.2/GM4 is your latest list plus everything shown in the top post here?

Yes. We will post the full list when the patch update is released.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes. We will post the full list when the patch update is released.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

OK. I know this is the patch thread, but it's the only info on the subscription release I could find. Thank you!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Waade [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2019 15:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i just downloaded power director, signed up on the site as a member, and now i cant use the program i just downloaded, becuase it says i have not activated my acct even though i have. please help?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote i just downloaded power director, signed up on the site as a member, and now i cant use the program i just downloaded, becuase it says i have not activated my acct even though i have. please help?

This is a user forum - not Cyberlink Customer Service, and your post isn't remotely related to this thread. I suggest you contact them directly from this page.