Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD not exiting on stop
MericanPi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2019 01:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there.
I have been trying to create a DVD to sell as a resource on our website - it needs to be a good quality product.

I have generated a Dual Layer DVD that works just fine - menus, programs, everything. When I hit stop, however, it does not exit to the DVD player's home screen, I get the file browser built into the DVD player displaying the file structure of the DVD.

This never happens with any commercial DVD I play, and as a good portion of my audience is populated by older "less tech-savvy' people, I am concerned that I will get complaints and returned product.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

I have actually tried a few DVD authoring programs with the same result, I know it is not just PowerDirector, but I really need a solution to this - the side project has gone on for months and I need a finished product.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried other DVD players?

This issue sounds like it's unique to this particular player.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It might actually be the remote.
There are thousands of different remotes and they behave differently too.
Try a different button on the remote, try a different DVD player. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MericanPi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried other DVD players?

This issue sounds like it's unique to this particular player.

I did try another DVD player, just now, and it did stop as expected.

Regardless, the authored DVD does behave differently in my player than commercial DVDs do. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why and how it can be fixed.
MericanPi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It might actually be the remote.
There are thousands of different remotes and they behave differently too.
Try a different button on the remote, try a different DVD player.

Thank you for the reply, Barry

It does behave the same if I press the stop button on the player, or use our Logitech universal remote. As I mentioned in my other response my concern is the authored DVD does behave differently to commercial DVDs in my player. I was just wondering if there were any clues to why and how I can fix it.

I don't mind delving into the DVD architecture to find the fix if necessary, I just need to know where to look.