Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted 3rd track is generated when importing content into project
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hello guys,

I'm new to PD and this is somehow strange behaviour for me:

I have 2 video tracks in my project.
If I drag and drop content from the library to the 2nd track, then a 3rd track is generated automatically.
If I drag the same content at first to the 1st track and then to the 2nd, no unwanted 3rd track is generated.

So why is this unwanted track generated in the first case...is it a bug or a feature?

BR,
Robin
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So why is this unwanted track generated in the first case...is it a bug or a feature?

Just the way it is, several have questioned over the years. I'm sure you're aware, you can in this case remove the third track but it will appear again when you drag a new clip directly to track 2. Similarly, you will get a 4 if you use 3 directly.

In a very prior version, when PD only supported 9 tracks, it didn't do it. It as when they upgraded to 99 tracks so I guess the developer must have perceived it as a feature. I myself would prefer it didn't automatically add, or at least the ability to control preference.

Jeff
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello JL,

I myself would prefer it didn't automatically add, or at least the ability to control preference.

Jeff

...yes, the same for me!

The disadvantage with this automation is that my music track at the bottom of the tracks disappears at the lower end and I always would have to scroll through the tracks although I just need 2 video/audio tracks and one music track.

And Yes, I'm aware that I can delete it but its annoying...

BTW:

The order of the music-track and the visibility of the FX and the micophone track can not be changed...right?

Thanks for the clarification.

Robin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2019 10:36

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The order of the audio-track and the visibility of the FX and the micophone track can not be changed...right?

Not that I'm aware of. Two options might help give you back a little vertical space although not ideal.
1) You can change the vertical height of the tracks (right mouse click on track)
2) Give the timeline a little more space by adjusting the vertical height of the edit area vs the Media Library/Preview window height. (the five little dots in the middle separating the two)

Jeff
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not that I'm aware of. Two options might help give you back a little vertical space although not ideal.
1) You can change the vertical height of the tracks (right mouse click on track)
2) Give the timeline a little more space by adjusting the vertical height of the edit area vs the Media Library/Preview window height. (the five little dots in the middle separating the two)

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks again!!

And Yes, I already did as you mentioned - it's apity, that there is no way to get rid of the unwanted tracks.

And additionally I have the impression that when I change the size of these unwanted tracks to minimum size, the layout later is changed again and they are larger again...

But I guess thats the prize I have to pay for yet a powerful and cheap software.

BR from munich,
Robin