Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why 99 sec limited on dvd audio background.
Sheldon25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2018 23:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ,I was looking see if power director change the 99 sec on audio on dvd backgound.It has not change.I wish they change to unlimited or as long as the audio is play.Not stop at at 99 sec limited then loop back.I found even power director 16, 17 has the 99 sec limited.That is just not right.I company use has no limited on audio it background playing on dvd menu.Why cyberlink limited???
It way too Short and bad Idea.You should able shorted or play the whole audio not limited.I hope Cyberlink corrected that Setting in the software?
Thank You
Sheldon
[Thumb - nine nine sec dvd.jpg]
 Filename
nine nine sec dvd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
170 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi ,I was looking see if power director change the 99 sec on audio on dvd backgound.It has not change.I wish they change to unlimited or as long as the audio is play.Not stop at at 99 sec limited then loop back.I found even power director 16, 17 has the 99 sec limited.That is just not right.I company use has no limited on audio it background playing on dvd menu.Why cyberlink limited???
It way too Short and bad Idea.You should able shorted or play the whole audio not limited.I hope Cyberlink corrected that Setting in the software?
Thank You
Sheldon

No DVD specification logical reason that I know of. PD5 was the first version to incorporate a DVD menu inside PD, prior to that, PD used PowerProducer to create a disc. At PD5 the time limit was 99 seconds, yes it's been mentioned for upgrade consideration several times, but nothing in ~13yrs of new releases. CL advertised a major menu upgrade when PD13 was released, but as you still observe, they kept the 99 seconds.

PDM recommends the following approach for further suggestions: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78049.page#post_box_319792 Hopefully that option will bring about some change in PD18.

Jeff