Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green videos / messy frame rate
Focksbot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2018 17:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm just coming back to Power Director 13 after a long break. I used it for a while on an HP Pavilion laptop with no problems, dropping in videos from a camcorder, camera, clips from YouTube and so on. I stopped using it because I found that after a while I started having problems with the output - videos with errors in them. I figured my laptop was getting old and its memory overloaded, so I put PD13 away for a while.

I've just bought a brand new laptop - a Lenovo Ideapad. It's nowhere near top of the range, but it outperforms the old HP in every area. The processor is an Intel Corei5-7200, 2.5Ghz. with 8GB of RAM and a terrabyte of hard drive space.

I've transferred my old PD13 copy onto this laptop, and I'm straight away getting errors I would associate with memory problems. Videos from various sources - my Elgato video capture device, my Logitech webcam and the Windows in-built video editor - all end up turning green or scrambling, or turning into a stuttering mess, when I drag and drop them into the editing area. If I preview them outside of this area, they play fine, but PD doesn't seem to want to combine them or edit them in any way.

This mess is then transferred to the final video produced - or worse, the whole thing comes out green, with only the sound working.

This is even the case if I capture a video using PD13 itself - I take the video, it plays back comfortably, then goes messy when I drag it into the editing area.

I can't think of any reason why this should happen now, with a new PC, when it was all so intuitive using a creaky old HP. Any help appreciated.

EDIT:

Shoot - I forgot to add that I tried using the EasyEditor with the same video segments, and it seemed to work fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2018 17:58

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear you're having trouble on your new laptop. PD 13 is quite old but I still have it installed and it works on the latest (Fall Creator's Update) version of Win10.

The only limitation is that it can't use my nVidia GPU to produce because only PD15 and above will work with the newest drivers. If you have an Intel or AMD GPU, that limitation won't affect you, and it's almost certainly not what's causing your current problems.

Please see the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the forum index page, and follow the steps to post both the DxDiag report and the specific version of PD13 from your new laptop.

That should give us enough info to get started figuring out what's going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Focksbot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the swift response, and apologies for not putting that information up.

Build number: 13.0.3516.0
SR Number: VDE151112-01

DxDiag file is attached.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the swift response, and apologies for not putting that information up.

Build number: 13.0.3516.0
SR Number: VDE151112-01

DxDiag file is attached.

Thanks for the info!

Things look pretty good on your new machine, although you haven't yet (been) updated to the Win10 Oct 2018 update. That's not critical for the issues you're seeing, and your Intel video driver (and everything else I've glanced at) look current.

Could you take a screenshot of the mess you've described seeing on the timeline? Save the image and then attach it like your DxDiag results.

If you have a short sample clip from your Elegato or webcam - just a few seconds long and smaller than 5MB - you can attach it as well and then we'll have a better understanding of one of the clip formats that's giving you trouble.

If the sample clip(s) are larger than that, please upload them to OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the download link here.
optodata
[Post New]
Actually I see there do seem to be a couple of updates for your Logitech C922 webcam. You may want to install and test these before responding, especially if that's one of the devices that PD is having trouble with.

Currently, Windows is using a generic driver for that device and the newer, specific one may make a difference.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2018 19:26

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Focksbot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Actually I see there do seem to be a couple of updates for your Logitech C922 webcam. You may want to install and test these before responding, especially if that's one of the devices that PD is having trouble with.

Currently, Windows is using a generic driver for that device and the newer, specific one may make a difference.

Hi Optodata - thanks very much for your help.

I went back to PowerDirector to get screenshots and now find I can't reproduce the problem at all - I'm not sure what has changed, but everything is back to working as I expect it to.

I did download a patch earlier, so I can only assume that that's what's fixed it - except that the problems initially seemed to continue after I had already installed the patch. Perhaps it just needed a couple of restarts.

In any case, the issue seems to be solved and I'm immensely relieved it wasn't because of the new PC being not up to snuff. Thanks again!