Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create DVD with Option: Read only the selected chapter
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Quebec, Canada Joined: Feb 04, 2012 07:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD 16, I always had a problem creating a DVD. Even though I choose the option "Read only the selected chapter" the DVD never returns to the DVD main menu. It continues reading all the following chapters. I know it's not a problem from burning process since I have the problem when I check with the "Preview" before burning the DVD.

I thought it was a bug in PD16, so I upgraded to 17 version, but the problem still there. Maybe I do something wrong. If you know the solution, I would appreciate you let me know.

Thanks The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Even though I choose the option "Read only the selected chapter" the DVD never returns to the DVD main menu. It continues reading all the following chapters.

There is no such option as you quote about selected chapter. The "Playback Mode Settings", which you might be referring to, only deals with titles, not chapters. Multiple titles are created by importing multiple videos or pds projects into the content tab.

Jeff
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
[Post New]

There is no such option as you quote about selected chapter. The "Playback Mode Settings", which you might be referring to, only deals with titles, not chapters. Multiple titles are created by importing multiple videos or pds projects into the content tab.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. I will modify my pds projects to get multiple titles. I work with the french version, so maybe, I misundertand titles and chapter. The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This very old thread walked you graphically through the difference with description, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page#post_box_30591 Even though 9+ yrs old, it's essentially still the same, other than the one anomaly noted was corrected.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jakobigfoot -

While Jeff was efficiently explaining what that menu option means, I was wasting a few minutes making a screen capture to show you that it works with titles, not chapters.

Don't worry - you're not the first person to be confused by that.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you to all of you. Your explanations were very clear and your references were very relevant. So now, my understanding on how to create a DVD or a disc is much better than before. I brought some corrections to my DVD and it works the way I wished.
Thanks again The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...